West Bay Beach- on own questions!

TandAatsea

We will be on the carnival dream in January and are looking to go here.

Looking at the excursion prices for just the beach , isn't worth the price.

Want to do it on our own....

Anyone have answers ?

- how much is a cab from Mahogany to West Bay Beach?

- where to get dropped off?

- are cabs available for return trip? Or are you better off securing a return with the cab driver?

Thanks or the help

My daughter and I went on the excursion below and had a great time, DH and I are going on it this May. Our guide was so nice and shared so much info about Roatan, she also stayed with our stuff when we snorkeled. http://roatancruiseexcursions.com/RoatanWestBayBeachBreak.html

There were four people from the ship in her air-conditioned van, well worth the price for what is included, don't think you could take a taxi for that price :)

Just returned from there. Left from Mahagony Bay. Cab fare was $50 round trip the cabbie will ask what time you want him to come back, we stayed at West Bay for about 5 hours. We had him drop us off at the free beach entrance by Bananarama, but we walked down almost to the farthest point to the right. I think it was called Argentina beach club it was very nice and relaxing. The beach is only a mile long with many beach clubs, some are more pricey then others. For 6 drinks and lunch are tab was only about $50 for the day plus got to use there beach chairs which where the nicest on the beach.

So, did you pay the $50 when he returned you to the ship, or pay half at first ?

Just returned from there. Left from Mahagony Bay. Cab fare was $50 round trip the cabbie will ask what time you want him to come back, we stayed at West Bay for about 5 hours. We had him drop us off at the free beach entrance by Bananarama, but we walked down almost to the farthest point to the right. I think it was called Argentina beach club it was very nice and relaxing. The beach is only a mile long with many beach clubs, some are more pricey then others. For 6 drinks and lunch are tab was only about $50 for the day plus got to use there beach chairs which where the nicest on the beach.

Paid $50 when he dropped us off back at the pier. He also showed us around West End and drove us around Coxen Hole to see if we wanted to buy anything before going back to Mahogany Bay. When you get of the ship there are signs up like in Cozumel that state the prices and are based on the Taxi union that has been formed. Based on the sign and map the island is divided into 4 zones with each zone having a different round trip price.

$50 round trip is a good price from Mahagony Bay to West Bay Beach via cab. Bananarama is a good spot to be dropped.

You can also use Bananarama's cruise package that includes their chairs and I think a rum drink plus ride. $40 per person. But then of course, you are stuck in their area with their chair. If you want to sit somewhere else, you'd need to use a beach towel. ...or rent another chair from somewhere else.

Now that the cab rates are set, it'll be much easier to make the choice between DIY or excursion.

The excursion I put a link up for goes to Bananrama and includes the following for $32 p/p

Includes:

list_wr_deep1.gifApproximately 6 hours Beach Break.

list_wr_deep1.gifRound Trip Transfer from the Cruise Ship Dock

list_wr_deep1.gifBeach Chair for each Adult reserved

list_wr_deep1.gif1 Cocktail or Local Beer for each Adult reserved

list_wr_deep1.gifAccess to fresh water showers and restrooms

Archived