Carnival Ecstasy - cabins/suites

luv2travel13

I have the chance to go on the Carnival Ecstasy in Oct 2013. I have the choice of V2, V3, V4, or V6 junior suites.

Anyone know anything about them? What is the benefit of a suite over a balcony cabin?

My sister will be going with me, and we like our space. LOL

I have the chance to go on the Carnival Ecstasy in Oct 2013. I have the choice of V2, V3, V4, or V6 junior suites.

Anyone know anything about them? What is the benefit of a suite over a balcony cabin?

the junior suites are a tad larger than the balcony cabins and are all forward, the balcony cabins are aft ( back )

Due to this being an older ship, the junior suites really aren't all that big and only give you a few more feet of space compared to a regular balcony room because the junior suites have a couch in them and the balcony cabins do not. The balcony on the junior suites is very small and narrow and it overlooks a section of the Lido deck, but that part of the deck doesn't see a lot of foot traffic. The beds in the JS will be close together when they are separated into two twins because there isn't a lot of room between the beds and the couch so you will only have about a foot and a half to two feet of separation between the beds when they are split into two twins.

I found some really good pictures of a JS on another website, but I can't post them here because the site won't allow it. If you want to see what it looks like, go to Google and type cruise line rooms into the search bar. Click on the web site with those words in the title and it will come up with a list of cruise lines and ships. The Carnival Fascination is identical to the Ecstacy and that's the ship I found the best pictures under so choose the Fascination. Pick #7 in the last column on the right and you will be able to see pictures of room V7. There are good pictures of a standard balcony cabin on the same page. Look under deck 6 and pick number #110. I hope this helps you.

The only thing you get different other than the room is VIP boarding (a separate line from the standard boarding line) for booking a suite. We just went on the Fascination right after Thanksgiving and were in a grand suite. There are pictures of the room in my review and there's a link in my signature if you want to see what one of those would look like on that ship.

Archived