Car REntal Opinions Wanted

Rigger

We are looking at renting a vehicle for the day when we are on Grand Cayman. I am looking for opinions on Cayman Auto Rentals vs. Grand Cayman Car Rentals (Andy's). All opinions on ease of use , experience, speed of set up, value, cost etc are VERY welcome.

Thanks!

Rigger:rolleyes:

Used Avis and their cruise package and was extremely happy with the service. We walked a few hundred feet to the Blue Iguana where they quickly picked us up and whisked us to the airport. Rental counter was speedy and they gave us a complimentary upgrade as we had reserved the cheapest car using cruiser package number 2 (all in rate).

I would highly recommend this service. Upon return of the car they again quickly shuttled us and offered to drop us off anywhere in the center of town, as we were tired they took us right to the pier.

http://www.aviscayman.com/cruiseshipcarrates.php

Hope this helps.

Rigger

I have rented from both. Though their vehicles or not as new, I prefer Cayman Auto Rentals. They are within walking distance from the tender pier. Remember that this is a tender port so what might look like a 7-8 hour visit is really close to two hours less when you consider the tender time. Not having to wait on someone to drive you to and from the airport for your car removes that stress.

Don

Archived