on our honeymoon ...

tifnicole

I would suggest a private day for just you two with Victor Bodden..$80 all day for a private cab. Do whatever you like or what the driver suggests..You book online and pay when you are returned to your ship.If you just want a beach day, there are several nice places. West Bay beach is gorgeous..The untraveled side is the east side, which is also interesting.Lots of choices in Roatan, and you will love it.Photo of mangrove tunnerl boat ride near Oak Ridge, and arrival at Roatan.

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/sany1868.jpg/]sany1868.jpg[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sany1837.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What would you suggest for a couple on their honeymoon to do in Rotal? We will be there in February 2013.

Thanks

I agree with one of the other posters that booking a private tour with Victor Bodden would be a great option. No other parties will be with you in your vehicle which gives you the opportunity to do whatever you like. If you would post about what you and yours enjoy doing, perhaps we could make some suggestions.

Here is what my friend and I did back in 2009. By the way, Victor let me know that Half Moon Bay Resort is one of his family's favorite places to eat. We loved it. What can beat $20 bucks for two lobster tails, baked potato, salad and an outside patio where sea water was splashing up on your feet.:):):)

When we got in the van with Tex (we docked in Coxen Hole) we told him we primarily wanted to see the scenery and island highlights. We also wanted to see a catholic church if there was one as my friend is catholic. First, he drove us through the town of Coxen Hole. It is an area with alot of poverty but we did get to see how the locals live in this area, then he took us to a small catholic church. He told us the churches there aren't very ornate as on other islands. He was right but it was nice to see an island church. From there he took us on a tour of the island. We went by the airport, by the governor's mansion,to some lookout points where we some some shipwrecks, some other beautiful lookout points - one with a small flea market. Then he took us by the resort where his brother worked. I needed to use the facilities so he stopped there. I don't know the name of the resort but I can't even tell you how beautiful it was looking out over the bay and then to the ocean. There were several bungalows along the bay with thatched roofs. It was just so beautiful. Just like a commercial. That is the feeling we got time and time again as we toured the island.

From there we went to the interior a bit. He stopped at a produce stand and bought us some fruit. Don't remember what it was, never saw it before, but it was tasty. From there, he said he needed to stop by his house to pick something up and asked if we minded. Of course not, was our reply. At the time, he lived in a small house behind a larger house that was rented to island visitors. He was a caretaker for the larger house. The houses were on the beach and had a dock in front of them. When we walked out on the dock we could see the dolphin encounter in the distance. Again, so very beautiful! Amazing! We also met his two dogs. My understanding is that he doesn't live in this house anymore. From there we drove through that residential neighborhood and then he took us for a drive right on the beach. Yes, in the van right down the sand. Since we were in the local area there was absolutely no one on the beach. It was midweek and all were working. It was fabulous.

From there he took us to the Half Moon Bay and Resort for lunch. We loved this experience. As a side note, I have communicated with Victor Bodden since our tour and he indicated that this restaurant is his daughter's favorite place to go. We sat out on the patio. It was amazing. You looked to the right and saw the ocean, straight ahead and to the right and the very beautiful bay with small boats on it and quaint buildings lining the bay. The flooring was wood planks. We were actually sitting over the water and during the course of our lunch could feel water splashing up on our feet. Awesome! We paid $20 a piece for lunch. It included two lobster tails, a baked potato and a salad. It was very good. Not great, but good. We also had a Pina Colada. It was the best Pina Colada I have ever had and I've had my share. The service was also good.

From there we wanted to drive by a few of the beach resorts but not stop and he had mentioned an area where alot of Americans were purchasing homes. He took us by these areas. Very pretty and interesting to see the contrast between this residential area and the local area. From there we went to the Cameo Factory. Really our least favorite part of the trip. Some have seemed to really like this stop. For us, nothing to write home about. From there back to the pier, some shopping on the pier and then back on the ship.

It was truly an amazing day. It has to be the most personalized tour I have ever taken.

Archived