Hyatt or Westin? Which beach is nicer?

HLester3

I am trying to decide which beach for the day. Is the Hyatt or the Westin a nicer location? Which one is less crowded? Are they close to each other? Does one have a nicer pool or bar than the other?

Thanks, Heather

My wife and I stayed for two weeks in the Caymans at the Westin for our honeymoon in 2003. We watched many cruise ships come in and out and never had a huge influx of people. However on the days we ventured out on the island, the Hyatt beach was ALWAYS packed. They have a very narrow beach that is much deeper than it is wide (if I had to guess, I'd say 150 - 200 feet of ocean front). The reason for this, I believe, is that the Hyatt is closer to the tender than the Westin. The Westin beach is very nice and probably has 300 - 400 feet of oceanfront, again, an estimate. Another bonus of the Westin is the pool right off the beach, its very large and shaded and there are two bars and you can order food as well. I don't recall seeing anything like this at the Hyatt. Hope this helps! :)

Thanks for the info. The Westin quoted me a day rate for a room with use of the beach and pool and I was trying to figure out if it was worth the extra money instead of the cheaper day rate for the use of the beach at the Hyatt.

Would you say the scenere is the same, or do you think picture wise, it is nicer from the Westin? I take a lot of pictures and am trying to justify the added expense, if I could get some great pictures of the kids on the beach at the Westin it would be worth it. Thanks.

I can only attest to the Westin's beach as again, we didn't see much of the Hyatt. The beach at the Westin was very clean and had very few LARGE objects that I rememeber (big coral, seaweed etc...). The water and ocean floor were also clean with little debris within 10-20 feet of shore, also pretty shallow in that region (not sure of the ages/swimming prowess of your kids). The beach had a lot of palm trees and small vegetation and I took a lot of pictures on the beach (of course! it was our honeymoon!). If you would like to see any pictures that I took, let me know!

Thanks for the info. The Westin quoted me a day rate for a room with use of the beach and pool and I was trying to figure out if it was worth the extra money instead of the cheaper day rate for the use of the beach at the Hyatt.

Would you say the scenere is the same, or do you think picture wise, it is nicer from the Westin? I take a lot of pictures and am trying to justify the added expense, if I could get some great pictures of the kids on the beach at the Westin it would be worth it. Thanks.

Yes. I would love to see some of the beach pictures, if you don't mind sharing them. Do you know how far away the Hyatt is? Is the Westin further north up 7 mile beach? I haven't been able to locate a map that has the different hotel locations. Thanks for all of you help.:)

The Hyatt is closer to the port than the Westin, but the difference between them is pretty small. I'd say the Hyatt is...3 miles from the port while the Westin is 4.5 - 5 miles from port. Don't quote me on those distances though, it may be a little more, might be a little less! Here are 4 pictures of the Westin and its beach. The first picture is from offshore on a catamaran, the second from the pool area out toward the ocean, I walked out between the two palm trees and turned right to take the 3rd picture and left to take the 4th! The last picture shows about how crowded it got any day of the two weeks we were there. There was always enough space for everyone!

File0001.jpg

File0002.jpg

File0003.jpg

File0004.jpg

Hope these help some!

Yes. I would love to see some of the beach pictures, if you don't mind sharing them. Do you know how far away the Hyatt is? Is the Westin further north up 7 mile beach? I haven't been able to locate a map that has the different hotel locations. Thanks for all of you help.:)

I e-mailed them and they said it was 50% off the current room rate. I have e-mailed them for more info about how early they will allow us to check in and I have not heard back. We are going in Sept. in the low seasin and the cheapest room day rate is about $137.

Archived