Cotton Please Help

Tinkerbell

We are staying one day before our cruise at Iberville Suites on Iberville Street. How far is that pier from there? What would be our easiest way to get to the pier?

Thanks

It's the equivalant of about a six block walk. I would definately take a taxi at $7-$8 per person.

Ah, Dan beat me to it! But he's right, as usual.:)

Cotton, I knew you were supposed to be leaving for a few days and was not sure if you had left yet. Besides, I seek out the threads that call for you by name. I enjoy your replies because It's not hard to see the love you have for the city! :D

Tinkerbell, any questions that you may have can probably be answered here. Just ask away !

The cousin I'll be visiting is originally from N.O., too, and she checks out the Boubocam frequently! I'll be watching - I just have to remember the time difference.:D

What is my best sourse of finding out the "best" things for us to do with our limited time in NO. I don't know much about NO so I don't even know what questions to ask!

What do you like to do? Do you like museums, the bars, sights, food, tours, etc? There is sooo much to do! Take a look at this thread for several web-sites...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=83157

We enjoy sites and tours I guess the most and trying the food of course. When we went to Alaska my husband of course had to try the Reindeer Brats from a street vendor. I will look at the links you posted. Thanks for all your help.

Help me please!!! :confused:

You guys seem to know about New Orleans. I had started a thread a few days ago about this question, but have had no response.

I have reserved a pre-cruise stay at the Maison DeVille Hotel in the French Quarter. Can you tell me if this is a good choice. I hope to be close (within walking distance) to K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen b/c we plan to eat there on Sat. night. And, also to be close to Jackson Square and kind of close to the French Market.

We are pretty familiar with the city and have been there many times, but I can't recall this hotel. I do know that it has been given many awards throughout the travel world. So, I assumed it's a good hotel. But, I would still like to know from someone who has, at least, seen it!!

We are driving to New Orleans, so we will be driving to park ourselves at the pier in the lot.

Thanks, :)

Hi Steph !

We have walked past the hotel an untold number of times but have never stayed there mainly due to price. From what I have heard, it is a very nice hotel with a lot of history. The location is great for exploring the French Quarter. I don't know if they offer parking but the lot next to the Jax Brewery would be convenient. We will be in NOLA this weekend if you would like us to take some pics.

We are driving to New Orleans, so we will be driving to park ourselves at the pier in the lot.

SD - If you mean you'll be parking your car at the pier for your cruise - won't happen. The port authority lot is closed, lots of construction there now, as they're building a multi-level parking garage that won't be open until late fall (or maybe even spring).

The nearest parking for the cruise will be Fulton St. Garage on Convention Ctr. Blvd. It's $12 per day, payable in advance, and they have a complimentary shuttle to and from the cruise terminal.

Selucrey- Thanks for the info on the hotel. I heard that the hotel has alot of history. It's even rumored that there is a ghost who resides at the hotel. We did get a pretty good deal on the room through Expedia.com

Cotton- I know about the parking- what a bummer!!! We liked parking under the bridge. It was easy. When I heard about the construction on another thread, I emailed the man at the Port of New Olreans a few weeks ago, and he replied that we could park in a lot near the pier, the Convention Center lot, (Probably several blocks away) and then a shuttle would take us and our luggage to the pier. Conquest cruisers are not allowed topark at the Fulton St. Garage, unless it's included in a package offered by your hotel.

Thanks,

Selucrey- Thanks for the info on the hotel. I heard that the hotel has alot of history. It's even rumored that there is a ghost who resides at the hotel. We did get a pretty good deal on the room through Expedia.com

Cotton- I know about the parking- what a bummer!!! We liked parking under the bridge. It was easy. When I heard about the construction on another thread, I emailed the man at the Port of New Olreans a few weeks ago, and he replied that we could park in a lot near the pier, the Convention Center lot, (Probably several blocks away) and then a shuttle would take us and our luggage to the pier. Conquest cruisers are not allowed topark at the Fulton St. Garage, unless it's included in a package offered by your hotel.

Thanks,

There is a pic here of the Convention Center lot... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=185304

Thanks,

:) Hello sdwilson, let me tell you about Machu Picchu parking lot, they were so nice and their prices are the same that in the hotels, the have free sheltered and good directions on the web site. Take a look at www.machupicchutour.com they have a wonderful service.

• 2 months later...

Hello to my fellow Cruise Critics. I sent an email to the Deputy Director at the Port of NO asking about the construction and if it would still be going on in Janurary 2006 when we sail, and here is what he said:

Mrs. Pxxx,

Many thanks for your email of today. The construction of our new Erato

St. Cruise Terminal will be in it's final construction phase during that

time. Never-the-less I would expect that we may still be using our

satellite parking during that time. All NCL passenger vehicles if they

are parking with us will be directed to our Convention Center Parking

Lot located on Tchoupitoulas St. to park. We have waiting there seacaps

to take check and take your luggage to the "Norwegian Sun". Further will

provide "free" shuttle service for you and your party to and from the

vessel to our satellite parking lots. Our parking rate is $14.00 per

day. Please advise if I can be of any further assistance.

Regards,

Johnny Cefalu

Deputy director

Cruise div.

Port of New Orleans

Tel: (504) 528-3219

Email: Cefaluj@portno.com [/Quote]

Wanting to share this information with you.

The correct weblink for Machu Picchu is www.nocruiseshipparking.com Their parking is $12pd plus they have a free shuttle to and from the cruise pier. For an additional $20, you can park an extra day with them taking you to your hotel and picking you up again in the morning to take you to the cruise ship. The other parking lots have raised their rates to $14 per day.

Dave

:) Hello sdwilson, let me tell you about Machu Picchu parking lot, they were so nice and their prices are the same that in the hotels, the have free sheltered and good directions on the web site. Take a look at www.machupicchutour.com they have a wonderful service.

Close... Forgot an "s".

http://www.machupicchutours.com/

http://www.machupicchutours.com/Cruise%20ship%20transportation%20and%20parking.htm

http://www.nocruiseshipparking.com/ also works.

Izzy, you're famous!!

http://www.nocruiseshipparking.com/reviews.htm

Archived