New Barbie Package: Has anyone done yet?

I called the D+ desk again today as there is still no way to pre-book online. The rep didn't have any new information so they transferred me to the excursions people. The woman I spoke with didn't sound very confident but she said it is available and can be purchased once on board at guest services.

If this is the case, it's disappointing. The whole point, IMHO, is for the child to walk into the room and be wowed. Not the same to have to wait for bedding to be delivered...

It depends on who you talk to, and on what day. I have tried to book this add on for some time now. First, they are waiting on the web development team to load the option in on the precruise planner and the next time you call, it is not going to be available online and has to be booked onboard. Called yesterday, it is going to be available online sometime soon and will laso be available to book onboard during the first two days after embarkation.

I also agree that this SHOULD be book before arrival in the stateroom, so the little ones are completely surprised as it shows on the promo video on

Royal's website and the television commercial. This has been highly marketed for some time now and the RCCL staff should ALL be on the same page and not giving out bad information. As I said it depends on who answers the phone as to which answer you get at the time.

I truly enjoy our RCCL cruises in almost every aspect, this activity in ny opinion needs a little more attention from management. I called RCCL this morning, as of now January is 2/3's over with and the reservation agents could not tell me any of the select sailings that the Barbie package is available on as advertised. It amazes me that the package is advertised and still not available, nor do the agents seem to be even aware of it.

I have sent a letter to the customer service dept at corporate regarding this. 15 days later there has been no response at all. The certified letter was received on the 7th according to USPS.:confused:

It depends on who you talk to, and on what day. I have tried to book this add on for some time now. First, they are waiting on the web development team to load the option in on the precruise planner and the next time you call, it is not going to be available online and has to be booked onboard. Called yesterday, it is going to be available online sometime soon and will laso be available to book onboard during the first two days after embarkation.

I also agree that this SHOULD be book before arrival in the stateroom, so the little ones are completely surprised as it shows on the promo video on

Royal's website and the television commercial. This has been highly marketed for some time now and the RCCL staff should ALL be on the same page and not giving out bad information. As I said it depends on who answers the phone as to which answer you get at the time.

I truly enjoy our RCCL cruises in almost every aspect, this activity in ny opinion needs a little more attention from management. I called RCCL this morning, as of now January is 2/3's over with and the reservation agents could not tell me any of the select sailings that the Barbie package is available on as advertised. It amazes me that the package is advertised and still not available, nor do the agents seem to be even aware of it.

I have sent a letter to the customer service dept at corporate regarding this. 15 days later there has been no response at all. The certified letter was received on the 7th according to USPS.:confused:

Agreed.My cruise sails in January but returns in February. Therefore, if they do not roll it our for this sailing, they have failed to meet their own commitment.

It is frustrating. How difficult is it to change the text on the website if a roll-out date has changed?? Stuff like this happens all the time and it really looks bad, INHO, because it is most easily preventable.

I called on Sunday night to book one of the "select January sailings" for the Barbie pkg. The reservation agent(Gary) told me that it is avalable now on any and all ships, if less than 5 people sign up, we will refund money. I said "great, add it to my March cruise and I will book one for the end of the month". Suddenly it was no longer available to book on any ship. This has been advertised heavily, cruises sold specifically because of this package and RCCL is not fulfilling at all.:mad:

Is the experience full or is RCL canceling it?

It appears they are postponing the rollout. I just talked to precruise planners. Told me to call back in about three weeks. The package is still not loaded into their system to book yet. It also appears that the package will begin on different ships on different dates. You have to call in to see when your ship is scheduled to begin the program.

I have finally been able to book the Barbie Experience today!!!!!! I can't tell you how aggravating and frustrating my experience has been trying to

surprise my grandaughters (who are Barbie fanantics) with their first cruise! We sail on the Oasis on Feb 23. I was told that the Oasis and Allure will have this feature starting on Feb 2 and the other ships later.

Double check to see if this is available on your cruise cause we actually booked another cruise thinking it was available.......when I doublechecked

today surprise! it wasn't even offered........grrrrrrrrrr I understand there has to be a minimum of 5 little Barbie freaks enrolled or it can be cancelled on that particular cruise but, on a ship that size its probably not a problem. ( OK I might just be a Barbie loving Granma too)

I have finally been able to book the Barbie Experience today!!!!!! I can't tell you how aggravating and frustrating my experience has been trying to

surprise my grandaughters (who are Barbie fanantics) with their first cruise! We sail on the Oasis on Feb 23. I was told that the Oasis and Allure will have this feature starting on Feb 2 and the other ships later.

Double check to see if this is available on your cruise cause we actually booked another cruise thinking it was available.......when I doublechecked

today surprise! it wasn't even offered........grrrrrrrrrr I understand there has to be a minimum of 5 little Barbie freaks enrolled or it can be cancelled on that particular cruise but, on a ship that size its probably not a problem. ( OK I might just be a Barbie loving Granma too)

Good for you! Very lucky granddaughters! I am a Barbie lover, I probably like her more than my 8 yo. Sorta hope it is not offered on our IOS 3/16 cruise. DH would have a cow! LOL

When you purchase this can you add it to the cruise balance and pay it together or is it like an excursion and you have to pay once you book it?

Back in September when the package was first announced, the rules were that the cruise had to be paid for completely before this could be booked. At least this was what I was told at the time.Not sure if this has changed sice then, I know the startup date has.

We paid for the cruise and are still waiting months later to book this package. Hopefully we can do so now.

When you purchase this can you add it to the cruise balance and pay it together or is it like an excursion and you have to pay once you book it?

Generally, anything you book before the cruise that is extra cost will be charged to your credit card immediately.

The package will be availalble on 4/05/13, on the Allure.

I rest my case about not being able to get the same answer twice from RC......they told me the Allure would have the pkg available from Feb 2/13...

the good news is it looks like they are working on their internet page.....

maybe then we will have some real answers......:)

Edited by beantheirdunthat

• 5 weeks later...

Hi I'm op and figure that for every one person on these boards making snarky comments there are 100 that are helpful, kind and informative. We are fortunate enough to be getting 600$ obc on our April 7 allure cruise so we may go for it. Wish they had an equivalent Lego pkg for boys but think ds (8) will be busy w science and wii stuff. Honestly, we had to drag him away from adventure ocean on last oasis cruise to spend time w us! If I find out more I will post. Thank u to all for your helpful input!

Really would love to hear all about it when you return! You are currently on your cruise having a fabulous time. Please come back and let us know all about your Barbie Experience.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/statichtmlpage.do?pagename=barbie

*The Barbie Premium Experience is $75 on 3-4 night sailings, and does not include the Tiaras & Teacups Party or the Fashion Designer Workshop.

Here is a list of what ship and when the Barbie experience will launch. I can't wait to here from someone who actually gets to participate.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

No responses here to this. We too have a 4 day cruise scheduled and wondered specifically what is included for the$75. I see no tea party or fashion show. Just wondered what was included besides limited stateroom decorations.

I was going to skip it but my daughter saw it when she filled out her online boarding info and wondered about whether it was worth it.