Booked the Breakaway.....What Do We Need to Know????

martyap

We booked the new Breakaway this past August for December, 2013. Did it on a whim and an email from a friend about a mini-suite upgrade......took category MB on deck 10 on the free upgrade.

My question is this........we have sailed on RCCL, Princess, Celebrity and Carnival......never on NCL. What do we need to know about how they compare? meals? are all restaurants an upcharge? Is the Breakaway supposed to be like the "Allure" experience? Do reservations for any shows have to be made in advance?

Would like to try this cruise despite the fact that leaving out of NYC in December is not ideal and the itinerary is so-so. Will the ship and NCL be the experience?????? Please advise! Should I keep this cruise or ditch it?

I think I researched some of my answers. The Breakaway will have many of the same for-fee restaurants as the Epic plus a new seafood venue, Ocean Blu. Shows can be booked 45 days in advance.

Any other insights into my original question would be appreciated.

Good Morning,

We are booked for the inaugural Transatlantic, I have been doing alot of research on the ship and can say we are quite excited. If you following the Building the Breakaway blog, you can find out the status of the ship and the progress. It makes things a little exciting.

Its hard to say at this point what the food quality is going to be like as well no one knows but based on some of the chefs they selected along with the different venue options I am sure there is something that will please everyone.

Be prepared to be spoiled from what I am told and the best advise is go with the mindset that this is a vacation and to "Breakaway" from day to day activities :)

This link is a wonderful thread for "all things Breakaway" all in one place. Lists all the amenities on the ship.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1691618

As far as making reservations beforehand, that is your choice. There are many venues on NCL that are not upcharged. There are 3 main dining rooms to choose from , as well as other free venues.

We are really looking forward to our Breakaway experience. I think you will find it to your liking as well. However, since the ship is not in service yet, there is no definitive way to answer all your questions.

As always, food is subjective, and on this ship, is still an unknown factor. You may want to make reservations prior for the Circque show or Rock of Ages, but I am not sure if it will be necessary, unless you would like a reservation for a specific date/special occasion.

Enjoy the link, it has so much information about the ship.

~Michele

Archived