Where to stay in NOLA

Kid Sensation

IF your group is adventurous and young at heart, check out the AAE Bourbon House Hostel. My GF and I stayed there for one night after disembarking in New Orleans after a 16 day cruise. For the 'private room', it was like $20 a person per night. Cab from the pier to the Hostel was around $10, cab from Hostel to airport was under $20 with tip.

We met some interesting people to say the least. The beds were clean, the bathroom was clean and that is all we needed for a quick one night stay!:D

Priceline's map is good enough that you can make an offer in the area you want. We selected area #2 because it was between the French Quarter and the ship. I offered about half the going rate for a three star and we ended up with a four star (Marriott) on Canal St. If you are energetic, it is within walking distance, however, I would suggest taking the Riverfront trolley. The location was perfect for both the French Quarter and the ship. We were there in October (hurricane season) which may have allowed better options.

If you look at a map, the ship docks very close to where Hwy 90 (Crescent City Connection) bridge goes over the river.

Betty

I was hesitant to use Priceline this go around because of all the 3 & 4 star hotels that were showing up on the bed bug alert site with multiple reports.

We stayed at the Drury Inn and had an excellent room. Ronaldo was very helpful on referalls for city tours. The free happy hour and breakfast were the same every day but definitely a plus on saving money. Plus you have 1 hour of free long distance and free wi-fi.

They were about 4 blocks from Canal and Bourbon street and 7 blocks to Harrahs. I easily walked all over the French Quarter from their hotel. They are about 10 blocks to the port. You could walk it but the cab ride is like $7 per person for I think the first two and then maybe a lesser amount for the other passengers. We had an excellent cab driver on our ride from the airport to the hotel and I got her phone number. When ever we needed a ride I called her and either she took care of us or her husband. Loaded her number in my cell phone so next time in NOLA I can call her again.

Archived