Celebrity 14 Night Southern Carribean with 10 & 12 year old

pwkreis

We are planning a two week long multi-gerneational cruise on Celbrity next year, so I was wondering what we can expect for kids activities for my 10 & 12 year old children.

We have cruised beofre, but never Celebrity and never two week.

Thanks!

14 night cruises in February will have very few school age children onboard. However- the Fun Factory is always open regardless of the number of children onboard. The twelve year old will be in the Teen program. The cut off for the Fun Factory is 11 years old- however, you can ask for the 12 year old to be with the younger kids in the Fun Factory if there aren't many teens onboard. I was told that often the 12 year olds like the Fun Factory better than the Teen Program because more kids turn up for the Fun Factory. The teen program is not as well attended.

They do a great job with kids and my son was in that age group this past summer on Celebrity Infinity in Alaska and Summit in Bermuda and can't wait for our next cruise (we are doing Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Seas on 1/4/13). I forewarned him that there may be zero children onboard and he said he doesn't care- he loves hanging out with the youth staff.

Our favorite venues on Celebrity are Bistro on Five ($5 per person surcharge, no reservations necessary- go there on day of embarkation.. it's a hidden gem)- they have paninis, made to order crepes, soups, salads and desserts. We loved the Italian crepe (bananas, nutella and pistachios) and the one with the chicken and pesto is delicious.

and

Qsine ($40 surcharge per person/ reservations should be made). It is tapas but has huge portions for sharing- my favorites are the Qsine Greens, Persian Kabob, Painter's Mignon and the Chocolate Dessert. My 12 year old loved the fish and chips, make your own guacamole and tacos and also the Painter's Mignon.

IMG_1104.jpg.dff1623aaa73966644d9c0a927333085.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg.4718cdd142fb852932f24d0c740155bc.jpg

tacos.jpg.7ee1ad62dddb133d4daf169030e373bc.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg.58a8df02eede9bd3429146adacd0d293.jpg

When is this cruise scheduled? That makes a huge difference. If it's in the middle of a school vacation, you may have more kids. But, if this cruise is not during Christmas, you can count on few, if any, school age kids on board. Celebrity tends to attract a much older crowd on their 14 day cruises and the only kids I've seen on those longer ones were infants and toddlers. And, I have seen the kid's club closed because of a lack of kids. One of the many 14 day cruises I was on, only had 2 kids from Sweden on board and there was no program at all.

I have to disagree with Kitty- the youth program will be open on 14 night cruises. They will combine age groups if necessary but the Fun Factory will be open on 14 night cruises.

I was going by my experience after being on a number of 14 day cruises. On at least two of them, there were no kids on board that were old enough to qualify for a program, so there were no counselors on board. The facilities might be open, but there are instances where there may not be a formal program.

Archived