Chef's Table Question

OneManWolfPack

I've read a couple threads that the price of the chef's table is now $89 per person, up from the $75 per person it used to be. Does anyone know if this is true for all ships?

Also, what is the best way to sign up for the chef's table? (I've never sailed Norwegian before) Can you book prior to sailing?

I've read a couple threads that the price of the chef's table is now $89 per person, up from the $75 per person it used to be. Does anyone know if this is true for all ships?

Also, what is the best way to sign up for the chef's table? (I've never sailed Norwegian before) Can you book prior to sailing?

On the 11/25 sailing of the Gem it was $75 per/person. Unfortunately, you can not prebook. On the 9 day sailing it was offered twice, the second sea night and then the second to last night. Well worth it at either price in my opinion. :)

On the 11/25 sailing of the Gem it was $75 per/person. Unfortunately, you can not prebook. On the 9 day sailing it was offered twice, the second sea night and then the second to last night. Well worth it at either price in my opinion. :)

How/where did you book it once you got on board? Excursion desk, MDR, somewhere else maybe?

How/where did you book it once you got on board? Excursion desk, MDR, somewhere else maybe?

I booked it with the concierge as we were staying in a suite; however, there is a restaurant reservations area by Guest Services and you can sign up there and also saw it offered at a table in the buffet one day. The thing is each night only allows for 12 guests so I would go to the area by guest services as soon as you board if you would like to go the first night it is offered. :)

We just got back from the Star. The cost was 86 dollars per person plus 15% gratuity automatically added. You also get a group photo and a photo with the chef. It is presented at the end of the dinner in a folder which has the menu printed. It is very nice. Also you get a galley tour later in the week led by the Chef as well. We really enjoyed all of it.

It officially can not be booked until you board, but I informed the pre-concierge we wanted to go and when we boarded the concierge had put our name on the list.

We attended the Chef's Table on our recent Spirit cruise I booked as soon as we boarded. Just after I bought my wine package. The cost was 89.00 per person. There was a table for booking right beside the wine table on our ship.

I would suggest booking as soon as you can. It was offered twice on our sailing and there was a waitlist for both sittings by the second day..

For the December 10 Norwegian Sky sailing, the embarkation display (as well as the one in the buffet area) advertising the Chef's Table experience clearly stated $89

The Day 1 and Day 2 issues of the Freestyle Daily clearly stated $75

I think NCL has made the price change fleetwide, just not all on the exact same week, and some ships (unfortunately) doing a bit of cut-n-paste on the daily information without fully thinking it through.

We just got back from the Star. The cost was 86 dollars per person plus 15% gratuity automatically added. You also get a group photo and a photo with the chef. It is presented at the end of the dinner in a folder which has the menu printed. It is very nice. Also you get a galley tour later in the week led by the Chef as well. We really enjoyed all of it.

It officially can not be booked until you board, but I informed the pre-concierge we wanted to go and when we boarded the concierge had put our name on the list.

We're looking at doing this on Epic next year. We did it on Carnival Glory last month and loved it. I have questions.

Is wine included? On Carnival they gave us champagne for the first course and after that both red and white wine were freely flowing. Also you mention the galley tour is later. How much later. Again with Carnival the experience started with the galley tour. Lastly, what's the dress code? Can women wear open toe shoes?

Thanks

We're looking at doing this on Epic next year. We did it on Carnival Glory last month and loved it. I have questions.

Is wine included? On Carnival they gave us champagne for the first course and after that both red and white wine were freely flowing. Also you mention the galley tour is later. How much later. Again with Carnival the experience started with the galley tour. Lastly, what's the dress code? Can women wear open toe shoes?

Thanks

Unlimited wine, started with champagne before entering, two types of white, one of red. All excellent wines. Galley tour was Saturday, dinner was Thursday night. Dress code was resort casual. One one man wore a jacket, rest were sport shirts. Women were casual, no one looked at shoes. Galley tour required closed toe shoes (tennis shoes) for safety.

Unlimited wine, started with champagne before entering, two types of white, one of red. All excellent wines. Galley tour was Saturday, dinner was Thursday night. Dress code was resort casual. One one man wore a jacket, rest were sport shirts. Women were casual, no one looked at shoes. Galley tour required closed toe shoes (tennis shoes) for safety.

You had me at unlimited, lol. In my opinion the amount of wine I drank pretty much paid for it. Do you remember the names of the wine? We had the BEST red wine during our Chef's Table, but we were a little to "happy" to pay attention to what kind it was.

If all slots are taken I wonder if they do a stand by list in case someone cancels? Here's hoping we'll get on the ship early.

Thanks

Archived