Caribbean Princess Review 8-15 December 2012

Ms Belvedere

Ms Belvedere - thank you so much for the wonderful review and pics! My wife and I sail on her in March - this will be our first cruise with Princess. Have heard both good and bad about the Caribbean Princess, but you make it sound so wonderful! We've sailed once with Celebrity, once with RCL, and 5 times with Carnival...looking forward to trying Princess.

I noticed in one pic you had what appeared to be a half bottle of wine...haven't seen that on any previous cruise before...also, do you know if they still offer a wine package? I think I read somewhere they discontinued those on the shorter cruises...

Thanks again!

Jeff

Ms Belvedere - thank you so much for the wonderful review and pics! My wife and I sail on her in March - this will be our first cruise with Princess. Have heard both good and bad about the Caribbean Princess, but you make it sound so wonderful! We've sailed once with Celebrity, once with RCL, and 5 times with Carnival...looking forward to trying Princess.

I noticed in one pic you had what appeared to be a half bottle of wine...haven't seen that on any previous cruise before...also, do you know if they still offer a wine package? I think I read somewhere they discontinued those on the shorter cruises...

Thanks again!

Jeff

I hope you like Princess as much as we do after sailing in March. :) The bottle in the picture was served during sailaway at the bar midship above the pool. There is a vague memory of green netting being close by so it may be close to the basketball court. It was a small bottle with about a serving and a half.

They definitely offer wine packages on Princess and there is a wine bar you should check out, Vines. They offer a white or red "flight" of 3 wines, you also get either tapas or sushi with your wine order. The tapas and sushi are no cost.

I don't have the Patters available here but someone else may have info and post it today, if not, I'll look it up and post later this evening.

Thank you for reading my review, I hope it helps with your cruise in March! I used the Princess note paper in the room to jot down notes and details, each day, of things we did and important details to make writing the review easier.

DSCN0854_zps6fa8a385.jpg

My wife and I sail on her in March - this will be our first cruise with Princess. Have heard both good and bad about the Caribbean Princess, but you make it sound so wonderful! We've sailed once with Celebrity, once with RCL, and 5 times with Carnival...looking forward to trying Princess.

We have cruised with Princess six times, and three of those have been on the Caribbean Princess (most recently last week). We thought the ship was in great condition, with a friendly crew, tremendous food, and delightful entertainment options. We had a wonderful time and would not hesitate to go again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived