Galaxy - Tell Me Everything

zahr03

Magillicutti, the train does go to the airport. I refer to it as FCO. If that's the Ciampino you're in business. Another thing I forgot to mention before.... From what I've been told, when you get off the train near the pier there is a free shuttle that will take you up the hill (and down on the return)to and from the ship. I was also told that we should try to get an express train just because it is quicker. If you have plenty of time then a regular train wouldn't matter. Try raileurope.com Look at Fares & Schedules. I have a link in my favorite places and I got to the exact train schedule that we will need. I did it a while ago so I hope it's easy for you to find it. If not, I'll go through it again and give you the steps.

Magillicutti, You're welcome. I'm surprised you aren't flying into FCO. What airline are you using? Is it much further from Rome or closer? I would be surprised if the train didn't service both airports. Let me know how you make out.

We're flying a charter from Brussels to Rome and unfortunately the train does not appear to list Ciampino (CIA) as a route. I'll purchase the Rome/Civitavecchia one way and figure out how to return to Ciampino when we disembark. We have plenty of time as our flight doesn't leave until 8 pm that night. May just go back to Rome (via train) and then take a taxi to the airport. Ciampino is slightly closer to Rome than FCO but it's further from the pier.

Magillicutti, another thing you can try is this: Rome.Shuttle-airport.com With the strength of the Euro to our dollar right now it seems that the transfers could be cheaper than going this way. Still, you can check it out. Also, the price gets better the more people traveling together.

Hey, I'm editing this by adding something else I just came upon. There is a train for CIA. It seeems there are buses too. Anyway, try this... Trenitalia.com I'm not quite sure how I got there. I started by putting Roma Ciampino Airport in google.com. I went from there. You may come to a place where it's all in Italian. Up in the right corner it lets to click on English and that sorts that out. I hope you find something good.

[This message was edited by Stanley on 05-25-04 at 11:37 PM.]

Magillicutti, I'm glad I could help. I look forward to hearing how your cruise went. We can compare notes. I think we've picked a good cruise. When do you actually get home? We leave Texas on 7/18.

We're purchasing the rail tickets there just because we have so much time to spare going in both directions. You can buy them in advance. I've used the trains in Europe a few times and have never been left standing on the platform.

When you get home I hope you will write and give us a heads up on what we can expect. I hope you have a great time.

Archived