Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Dec 2012 Australia & New Zealand Cruise

Thankyou so much for your review. I have loved following your journey. We leave for our first ever cruise on the Voyager on Jan 13, and your information, photos etc have been a wonderful help to me as I have so many questions...Enjoy the rest of your journey, may it be safe and fantastic!

Can I also ask a few questions:

Can you take a hair straightener on board?

Is there any room in the bathrooms to hang a small clothesline?

Are the power outlets in the rooms for Australian product compatible?

How many US dollars approx should we take on a 14day cruise for tipping etc?

After a brief stop, we proceeded to head back down. If we had more time (and were less tired), we may have walked the Botanic Gardens a bit more. In fact, you could walk down the hill through the Botanic Gardens but that would take some time. So we just took the cable car down again. This photo was 6pm.

34oqc9j.jpg

Thankyou so much for your review. I have loved following your journey. We leave for our first ever cruise on the Voyager on Jan 13, and your information, photos etc have been a wonderful help to me as I have so many questions...Enjoy the rest of your journey, may it be safe and fantastic!

Can I also ask a few questions:

Can you take a hair straightener on board?

Is there any room in the bathrooms to hang a small clothesline?

Are the power outlets in the rooms for Australian product compatible?

How many US dollars approx should we take on a 14day cruise for tipping etc?

I don't think they would allow a hair straightener or similar equipment. It would be a fire hazard. If other cruisers have a different view or experience, please chip in.

There was a retractable clothesline in our JS. But I'm not sure about balcony rooms and inner staterooms. Would others please help out here.

The suggested gratuities are as follows:

Waiter: $3.75 USD a day per guest

Assistant Waiter: $2.15 USD a day per guest

Head Waiter: $.75 USD a day per guest

Housekeeping staff: $5.00 USD a day per guest

Suite Housekeeping staff: $7.25 USD a day per guest

These work out to be 11.65USD per guest per day.

Actually, there is no need to tip the staff in USD. We tipped in our local currency equivalent (i.e. Singapore dollars) and also with our excess New Zealand dollars.

From the base cable car station, we took a taxi back to the ship. Walking back would have taken about 20 minutes, but since we were a bit tired, we took a taxi instead. When we got to the ship, this was the sight that greeted us. Looked like many cruisers were coming back at the same time.

o6w40w.jpg

I did not have a problem taking my hair straightener onboard and I know from a lot off other posts I have read, that lots of women take theirs.. My hair straightener is the one thing I don't leave home without and will be taking it on our next cruise, but this time will keep an eye on it as hubby thought it belonged to the ship, so took it out of our bags where I had packed it and put it back in the drawers. I was not a very happy woman when I got home and couldn't figure out where it was until hubby told me what he had done and then he wasn't very happy when this woman had to go out and spend $200 to replace the one he so kindly gave to Royal Caribbean....

As for the question regarding if the power points are compatible with Australian appliances, the answer is NO. You will need to go and buy a European power point adaptor, these are better due to the voltage our Australian appliances use.

Also, there are small pull out washing lines in all cabins, you will normally find them in the shower recess.