Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Dec 2012 Australia & New Zealand Cruise

Cruise Director, Gordon Whatman, holding his morning chat at the Pig & Whistle.

1q28ty.jpg

Haven't had Gordon for a CD in a long time...since he was on Radiance....but always thought he was one of the better ones. He had a very infectious, sneaky-like grin/smile that was catching.

We watched the ice show for the very first time on the Voyager in June 2012 and we were blown away. This time round, it was just as good, even though the general theme of show was the same. Some of the individual acts were different, presumably because the ice-skaters all looked different from June.

The show is very popular. Go early if you want the best seats.

5n52k6.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Haven't had Gordon for a CD in a long time...since he was on Radiance....but always thought he was one of the better ones. He had a very infectious, sneaky-like grin/smile that was catching.

He's a Pom!

At this particular coffee chat, he revealed that he would be on the Voyager till mid Jan 2013 before taking a 3 month break. Sometime in mid-April, he would join the Mariner of the Seas and bring her from USA all the way to Singapore, and then do a few short cruises out of Singapore, before handing over the job to a Chinese cruise Director for the China-leg.

Later in 2013 (I think he said October), he would rejoin the Voyager (I think he said in Singapore), and bring her Down Under again!

I am loving your post. I will be going on the 14 day sailing on the Legend from your home port of Singapore. We will buy you lunch if you want to tour us around for the day!!

Any way, how many formal nights are on the 14 night sailings?

Thank you for all your replies wonderful helpful cruisers!

Thank you, thank you for taking the time and making such an effort to give us all such an enjoyable, interesting, and comprehensive review....I can't wait for your next installment as we will be travelling to NZ in January

I am loving your post. I will be going on the 14 day sailing on the Legend from your home port of Singapore. We will buy you lunch if you want to tour us around for the day!!

Is this the sailing in Apr 2013? Welcome to Singapore!

You know, it would be fun to meet up with cruise critic people when they come to Singapore but at this stage of my life, I do have to focus on my career. :)

There were 3 formal nights on our 14 night sailing.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Thank you for all your replies wonderful helpful cruisers!

Thank you, thank you for taking the time and making such an effort to give us all such an enjoyable, interesting, and comprehensive review....I can't wait for your next installment as we will be travelling to NZ in January

Have you ever sailed with Royal Caribbean?

If you are expecting someone to tour you around for the day I would hope that the lunch would be at Raffles!!! :eek:

Thanks for my first post rememberance, a lovely touch!:D

You are welcomed! I can't even remember my very first post on cruise critic and I have no records of it.

Anyway, cruise critic is a wonderful place. It greatly enhances the cruise experience because we go in so much more prepared.