Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Dec 2012 Australia & New Zealand Cruise

I want to add to all the others saying thanks for the time you are puting in here. We are going on our 3rd RC cruise soon and are very interested as ours is quite a similar route. Could I ask how much the hire car in Tauranga was worth for the day? No offense if you don't want to say.

I want to add to all the others saying thanks for the time you are puting in here. We are going on our 3rd RC cruise soon and are very interested as ours is quite a similar route. Could I ask how much the hire car in Tauranga was worth for the day? No offense if you don't want to say.

We paid NZ$ 140 for the car rental (the Nissan Pathfinder SUV). This included the GPS, 2 booster seats, standard insurance, pickup and return at Salisbury Ave, very convenient.

http://www.rentalcarstauranga.co.nz/

My wife did all the work in terms of emailing the company (a guy called Neale), getting the quote and providing all the information. We found them to be friendly and reliable.

As with all car rentals, make sure you have a working mobile phone and get their mobile numbers plus roadside assistance numbers, in case the car breaks down. Not that this car was in any risk of breaking down. The Nissan SUV drove very well for is age. I couldn't detect any problems at all.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

When the Sky Tower opened, the counter staff kindly informed us that it was all white at the Observation Deck. Completely white and nothing could be seen. This was 8:30am. After waiting about 10 minutes, we decided to give it a miss and move to our next stop, since it didn’t look like the clouds would clear up within the next 30 minutes. We took a cab from just outside the Sky Tower complex and headed to Kelly Tarlton’s. It was a 15 minute or so ride, cost was $25NZ.

98r2u9.jpg