Red Stripe Beach

weston gal

We will be in Falmouth in 2 weeks. I haven't been able to find information about how to get there, are there lounge chairs to rent and is it safe for 2 seniors? The ship has an excursion for $25.00 pp and I am considering that, but I would rather do it myself and come and go when we want to.

We will be in Falmouth in 2 weeks. I haven't been able to find information about how to get there, are there lounge chairs to rent and is it safe for 2 seniors? The ship has an excursion for $25.00 pp and I am considering that, but I would rather do it myself and come and go when we want to.

We were just there last week. Not sure if you can get there other than through excursion, though. No cabs that I saw. We paid $24 per person at a kiosk in the center of the shopping area and traveled for about 10 minutes in a comfortable air conditioned mini-bus. The bus runs back and forth all day so we were able to leave whenever we wanted.

The beach was nice-plenty of shade, uncrowded and we felt quite safe. Chairs cost an additional $5 p/p. The people working there were very nice and you are not bothered by anyone selling souvenirs. Red Stripe beer for $5, or 3 for $12. Food also available for sale.

We had a perfect day! :D

We went to Red Stripe beach last week and I agree, there is no other way to get there except by $24/pp excursion. In fact, I wouldn't go anywhere in Jamaica on my own outside of any excursion as it just doesn't seem to be safe. But, Red Stripe beach is in a gated compound and felt very safe. Previous poster is correct, the staff is very friendly and while there is a gift shop shack they do not push it on you. Take plenty of cash for gift shop, lounge chairs, food, drink, etc because they do not take credit cards. It's a nice secluded little beach but clean and very relaxing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Were there bathrooms available there?

Yes, bathrooms were normal multiple stalls per restroom.

Do you remember how the snorkeling was while you were at Red Stripe?

Snorkeling wasn't great. My parents saw a flounder but not much else. Outside of the swimming area looks to be much better snorkeling but its either in very shallow water or by the wave-crashing reef area, I'm not sure if they would let you swim out there.

Archived