Anyone Else Given Up on Rate Drops?

tabbi_cakes

I keep checking...but not sure why. I received one drop before the new rates came out...but nothing since then. honestly i did not expect it at all considering it's spring break so it was a nice little surprise. However, according to the rules, i did expect another price drop, but was denied...even though it clearly states that if it's something you qualify for...but then they wouldn't honor it.

oh well. so only one price drop and we are a little under 3 months from the cruise and still many cabins available. i hope there are more drops! but the structure i'm sure has a way of working against us. :cool:

I keep checking...but not sure why. I received one drop before the new rates came out...but nothing since then. honestly i did not expect it at all considering it's spring break so it was a nice little surprise. However, according to the rules, i did expect another price drop, but was denied...even though it clearly states that if it's something you qualify for...but then they wouldn't honor it.

oh well. so only one price drop and we are a little under 3 months from the cruise and still many cabins available. i hope there are more drops! but the structure i'm sure has a way of working against us. :cool:

When you are denied, do they tell you why?

I notice price drops all the time. Not yet for my sailing, but then again it is still months away. I notice significant drops however about 3 weeks before sailings if there is still a lot of inventory left. So, I will just hang tight and check closer to the date. If it doesn't drop, then that's fine. I was happy with the original rate I booked. But I am hoping the rates go down in the higher categories so I can potentially upgrade my cabin.

However, according to the rules, i did expect another price drop, but was denied...even though it clearly states that if it's something you qualify for...but then they wouldn't honor it.

Resubmit the form and in the comments box, describe why you are entitled to it. Hopefully you kept a screen shot of the lower rate.

We booked our upcoming Miracle cruise nearly a year ago. We had consequential rate reductions last May, June, July and August until ES rates ended for our sailing, nothing since. Prices since have vacillated between $30 and $120 more per-person for an 8C. I don't expect another reduction as we sail in a month but I still check every few days or when a new sale is announced.

On the bright side, firmer pricing may mean an end to further cuts in service.

That is wishful thinking. I see the cruise industry becoming more like the airline industry. Remember those "temporary" baggage fees. Now they're making millions a year on all kinds of fees they've implemented to boost their bottom line.

Archived