Has anyone done Tabayana Beach & Gumbalimba Park in the same day?

TCguy1977

Just curious if anyone has done both Tabayana Beach and Gumbalimba Park in the same day? If so, what tour did you use, how long did you spend at each area and how busy was it?

My wife and I will be stopping here with Carnival in early February and are trying to decide what excursion or tour to book. Tabayana Beach is our top priority so I can snorkel and she can relax on the beach, but we'd both be interetsed in seeing the monkeys & macaws at Gumbalimba if we knew we'd still get several hours in at the beach.

Wondering what your experiences have been or what you would recommend from those that have been there. Thank you for your help!!

Don't know about Carnival, but isn't Gum. Park a separate excursion? Not sure if the ship combines them in the descriptions.:confused:

I'd just do the beach on West Bay. Either book with Carnival for Tabyana, which is just a stretch on the public beach or head to West Bay via cab or with a beach club like Bananarama.

OR check out Victor Bodden tours/drivers and you can work with them on your day's activities. I'd do a private driver/tour...reasonable and they remain with you all day to take you wherever you want to go. Look at their web site and see what they can offer you.

Gum. Park I believe is only booked thru ships and hotels.

Don't know about Carnival, but isn't Gum. Park a separate excursion? Not sure if the ship combines them in the descriptions.:confused:

I'd just do the beach on West Bay. Either book with Carnival for Tabyana, which is just a stretch on the public beach or head to West Bay via cab or with a beach club like Bananarama.

OR check out Victor Bodden tours/drivers and you can work with them on your day's activities. I'd do a private driver/tour...reasonable and they remain with you all day to take you wherever you want to go. Look at their web site and see what they can offer you.

Gum. Park I believe is only booked thru ships and hotels.

Carnival does have an excursion that combines the 2, but several of the reviews mentioned that they only had about an hour at the beach, which we feel wouldn't be enough time, especially with all of the rave reviews that Tabayana seems to get. That's kind of what prompted my question... I wasn't sure if the short beach time was standard or just a couple unlucky experiences or if a private company offered the same tour but with more beach time/smaller group?

Carnival does have an excursion that combines the 2, but several of the reviews mentioned that they only had about an hour at the beach, which we feel wouldn't be enough time, especially with all of the rave reviews that Tabayana seems to get. That's kind of what prompted my question... I wasn't sure if the short beach time was standard or just a couple unlucky experiences or if a private company offered the same tour but with more beach time/smaller group?

If I were you, being beach time is your primary goal..I would email several of the tour operators and ask them what the timings are and if they stick to those schedules, I would also ask Gumbalimba if I can show up as an independent. Additionally, I would discuss the possibility of a private tour if one can go to Gumbalimba individually.

The reason for all this.. you may not want to spend much time at all at Gumbalimba and head for the beach very quickly.

When you make a choice... have it all in writing so no one can tell you what you decided in can not be done. :0)

My guess is... if you sort your itinerary anyone will be able to match it for a price. :0)

Archived