Need Belize excursion help! Best tour for snorkeling and/or beach time?

TCguy1977

Wife and I will be in Belize with Carnival in early February. We like snorkeling and relaxing at the beach. I heard Belize has some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean, so I'm very interested in trying it. We've both snorkeled before... I'd say I'm intermediate skill level and she's probably more of a beginner.

Does anybody have any excursions or tours that you think we'd enjoy based on this info and your experiences? Right now we are leaning towards either the Coral Breeze Shark/Ray Alley Snorkeling & Caye Caulker Explorarion or Carnivals Barrier Reef & Beach Break, or Sergeant's Caye & Beach Break.

If you have any feedback on these tours or others that you think we might enjoy, I'd really appreciate the feedback! Thank you!

We'd suggest the Coral Breeze snorkel trip that you mentioned which we think is super. You will not find a real swimming beach as such on Caye Caulker but you will be able to lay out & sun on the chairs & or the dock where you have the option for lunch. There is always people laying out there enjoying the warm sun.

Or look into Island Marketing for their snorkel/beach trip to Goff's Caye which is a very small Caye where you can snorkel, lay our in a chair if you are among the early arrivals & swim in the shallow waters around this Caye & also buy your lunch of chicken or lobster in season.

The web sites for both tour operators will have all of their info.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

Wife and I will be in Belize with Carnival in early February. We like snorkeling and relaxing at the beach. I heard Belize has some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean, so I'm very interested in trying it. We've both snorkeled before... I'd say I'm intermediate skill level and she's probably more of a beginner.

Does anybody have any excursions or tours that you think we'd enjoy based on this info and your experiences? Right now we are leaning towards either the Coral Breeze Shark/Ray Alley Snorkeling & Caye Caulker Explorarion or Carnivals Barrier Reef & Beach Break, or Sergeant's Caye & Beach Break.

If you have any feedback on these tours or others that you think we might enjoy, I'd really appreciate the feedback! Thank you!

Anything that takes you to the Barrier Reef (worlds 2nd largest barrier reef) is so worth it! Absolutely amazing! Snorkeling in Belize is good but actually taking a boat to the Barrier Reef is not to be missed! :)

LuLu

~~~~

We went on Carnival's excursion about a year ago. The snorkeling was OK. The beach was Bannister Island which was pretty good. It was nice that we were picked up at the ship and didn't have to tender in before the tour.

I have twice gone on snorkeling/private island trips with http://wetnwildbelize.com/ and had a great trip.

Another time we went to Altun Ha Mayan Ruins. That was okay but it was a long bus trip and unless you're REALLY into ruins, you can see similar stuff elsewhere - where you don't have the barrier reef.

There will be a number of tour operators who will likely be able to make room for you in the port if you want to wait until you get off of the tenders to decide, too. This is a port you probably don't want to just wander around in (not enough to do all day) but there are plenty of negotiable tours right there in port if you want to think about it or see how the weather goes and whatnot.

We went on Carnival's excursion about a year ago. The snorkeling was OK. The beach was Bannister Island which was pretty good. It was nice that we were picked up at the ship and didn't have to tender in before the tour.

We went on the ship snorkel and island excursion 3 years ago. We have been all over the Caribbean and this snorkel was just ok. The island is small and a short beach day, nice but nothing special. We are going next week and considering staying on the ship.

The cave tubing sounds mediocre at best and alot of travel. Caye Caulker sounds like a typical excursion with alot of waiting and one hour of snorkel.

I guess it depends how many islands and cruise excursions you have been on in the past. Your on vacation so nothing is bad.

We have never stayed on the ship at port before. Any good thoughts about staying on the ship? We will be on Carnival Dream next week.

We have been on all cruise lines so we are not novices but still would love your ideas about staying on the ship.

Archived