Going on a cruise

Hello and welcome!

It's been 9 years since I was on Adventure so I don't have much to offer in way of suggestions however you probably want to check out the meet and mingle part of the message board, or the the thread below in particular.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1434512

edit: I was too slow and someone beat me to it! plus I had to fix my math..

Welcome to CC! I was on AOS 11/25 & 12/2 and loved, loved, loved it! It is a great ship, the crew is one of the very best I've sailed with on RCL. The live bands rocked the ship, as did Gustavo in the Schooner Bar. But you are looking for things to do, so here are my suggestions:

St. Croix - Salt Water Kayaking booked through RCL. I hadn't kayaked before and was really looking forward to this excursion. It was great fun and I'm looking forward to kayaking again.

St. Maarten - a group from our roll call did a private tour that was incredible. Highlights: Orient Beach where we spent a few hours; Maho Beach (by the airport) where two of our group were blown off the small wall onto the beach when a large plane took off. Shopping in Marigot (on the French side of the island). And a stop at the Dutch chocolate store in St. Maarten--I can't recall the name of it but it is well known and easy to find.

Antigua - I've been several times and just love the ziplines/challenge course, also booked through RCL. Swimming with stingrays (also through the ship) is great fun, too.

Barbados - Catamaran booked through RCL. A couple of stops for snorkeling where there were sea turtles, a very nice lunch prepared by the crew and a beach stop which was a huge hit with everyone. Others booked a private tour catamaran and said it, too, was really fun.

Definitely join your roll call, there will be people who have cruised these ports before and may provide other suggestions and might arrange private tours which you can join.

Enjoy your cruise on AOS.

Archived