What to do in Ocho Rios?

Gus12

Have been to Jamaica many times and have never been afraid. I am 5'2" 140 .I just say no thank you and keep moving. To be so afraid that u don't even get off the ship is a waste. They are only people, some good , some not so good , same as any city. That just a new adventure in life to deal with.:confused:

Have been to Jamaica many times and have never been afraid. I am 5'2" 140 .I just say no thank you and keep moving. To be so afraid that u don't even get off the ship is a waste. They are only people, some good , some not so good , same as any city. That just a new adventure in life to deal with.:confused:

I agree with you 100% on not getting off the ship is a waste. I have been to Jamiaca MANY times and each time we have seen new things.

I just got off ALLURE yesterday and had a tour pre-arranged with

LIBERTY TOURS JAMAICA. Even though the ship docked at Falmouth,

our driver-Ricardo Riley drove us to Ocho Rios to do several things there.

Here is what we experienced.

1) Secret Falls (also known as the Irie Blue Hole)

2) Shaw Park ( this is a great spot to view and take pictures of the beach, ships, houses below)

3)Mick Jagers house view from outside.

4)Lunch at Scotchies (the BEST jerk chicken ever and $2 bottles of red stripe)

5)River tubing

The secret falls was the highlight of the tour. The guides that work there do cliff jumps from at least 25 feet into the falls and help all the customers to explore. They were very knowledgeable and helpful. The water is so beautiful and and blue there. There is also a rope swing you can use to drop into the water. It was so refreshing to swim in.

I would do this tour again with Liberty Tours in a heartbeat and at no time did I ever feel unsafe.

email them as to what you want to do, and they will call you and even customize your trip to what you want to do. The cruise ship tour is way more expensive and Secret falls is not even offered. This is much better than Dunns River Tour, which I have done many years ago.

I can not say enough great things about LIBERTY TOURS. We had a wonderful day!!! Ricardo ROCKS!

We were there August 2011 and will never return to that God forsaken island again. As soon as you go through the security area you are literately attacked by cab drivers. They block your path and stop you and offer to take you all over the island. They scared the hell out of us so we kept trying to walk but as soon as you get by one another one stops you. We wanted to make it to the shops that Carnival recommended but we gave up and went back to the ship. My advice is do not get off your ship in Jamaica.

Attacked, really? Did they put their hands on you? Or could it be that they used aggressive sales pitches? I have a remedy that works for me, I simply say no thanks and keep walking. Try that

Archived