Best Beach closest to port

syr101

These are two all-inclusioves that are about 4 miles from the pier. I think thye may be the closest.

The cost at either was $40 and included lunch. Facilities are older but well maintained. Beach is nice. Cab is $15 each way (for the cab).

I just received a reply email from Coconut Beach Club quoting $45/per person inclusive beginning at 10:00 a.m. It includes buffet lunch, drinks, pool, beach chairs, tennis and taxes/gratuities.

The email stated that the taxi was $15 for 1-4 people which is very reasonable.

Have you been to this facility? What are your opinions? I have not checked with Hawksbill. but I did check with Jolly Beach Resort and they quoted $75 for the day pass. Me thinks a litte bit too much for the day!

Is Valley Church beach near Jolly beach?

Valley Church is a little farther from the pier. I know we passed Jolly in the taxi on the way to VCB. Rough guess, it was another 10 minute's ride. Maybe someone who knows the island better will chime in with more specifics.

I emailed Hawkbill this morning and just got a reply.

"Our half day pass from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm is US$40 per person. This includes lunch, drinks and use of the facilities."

Sounds very reasonable and not too far of a cab ride.

DH and I went to Hawksbill for the day in 2009. The cost was the same back then. The lunch was good and the beach was nice. Nice pool too. We happened to be there on a rough surf day, so the water was red flagged -- no swimming allowed. Still, we had a very nice day. I may have some pictures to upload.

We're on the Vision for a 10 day and I'm on the beach. Ten dollar cab ride for two, only 15 minutes, right next to Sandles. Beautiful beach, no shelf entering the water and plenty of food, chairs and umbrellas.

We have done Valley Church and this is much nicer and better facilities!

Rendezvous is also down the beach in the other direction,

There is also free wi fi.

Hal

We're on the Vision for a 10 day and I'm on the beach. Ten dollar cab ride for two, only 15 minutes, right next to Sandles. Beautiful beach, no shelf entering the water and plenty of food, chairs and umbrellas.

We have done Valley Church and this is much nicer and better facilities!

Rendezvous is also down the beach in the other direction,

There is also free wi fi.

Hal

So you would choose Dickerson over Valley Church? Is there plenty of shade there? We will have a 15-month old with us and I want to make sure there is some kind of shade. I've never been to either beach and was leaning toward Valley Church until I read your comment. I also like that it's closer. How much further would you say Valley Church is? Thanks for your input.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me the cost of lunch/beer/soda at Valley Church? How much were the chair and umbrella rentals?

Just over a month ago we rented chairs for $5 ea. Didn't bother with an umbrella because there was plenty of natural shade. Lunch prices at The Nest were reasonable by island standards. We didn't get drinks, but 2 orders of burgers and fries with tip was $33 US. They take credit cards.

Hope that helps.

Archived