Parking at the port of Galveston

golfntob

I just booked parking at Lighthouse in Galveston for April 7..They raised the rates $5 for a 7 day , and added sales tax, which I have not been charged for in 13 years...The comptrollers office in Austin stated that if they did not charge this before, they should have. Anyone else notice this ?

Hi there. Have you ever heard, since it appears you are from Galveston, if any individuals allow people to park on their property ? Just a thought. Thanks

Sales tax is to be charged on all parking, even office buildings with tenant parking. I would assume this lot now has a huge tax bill:eek:

A business should not be ignorant of the law.

Have used EZ Cruise Parking for years. Noticed that in Sept they starting charging tax on the parking fees. They also just raised their parking rates by $5. So, now for a 7 day cruise, booking on line and with their email discount of $5 it cost around $54 including tax. From reading other posts, looks like all the parking lots have raised their prices by $5.

Thank you for pointing out free parking for disabled vet! We didn't know they had that available and will use it.

Thanks!

Just make sure you get there a few minutes earlier than you would and tell them before you pay. They will send you to an office to show your paperwork and give you a free parking pass.

Just make sure you get there a few minutes earlier than you would and tell them before you pay. They will send you to an office to show your paperwork and give you a free parking pass.

Thank you! I did not realize that either. We were thinking of getting there around noon to 12:30. Is that too late in the day?

Thank you! I did not realize that either. We were thinking of getting there around noon to 12:30. Is that too late in the day?

Should be ok.. it only should take you an extra 20 minutes to get the pass. The big thing, is make sure you have your papers that are required, and that you tell them before you pay you need to get the free pass.

Check the link posted above for the info on what papers you need to bring

Archived