Pride of America Price Increases

sjmbruce

On the NCL website, it states that they are increasing prices for their Pride of America Hawaii cruises on Jan 1st. When looking at sail dates for this trip, there are dates and prices all the way through 2015. Does NCL mean they're going to raise those prices already published, or that those prices are just more than 2012 prices? It appears that the 2015 prices are a few hundred more than the 2012 cost, I'm just concerned that they're going to raise them even more.

What's your thoughts?

On the NCL website, it states that they are increasing prices for their Pride of America Hawaii cruises on Jan 1st. When looking at sail dates for this trip, there are dates and prices all the way through 2015. Does NCL mean they're going to raise those prices already published, or that those prices are just more than 2012 prices? It appears that the 2015 prices are a few hundred more than the 2012 cost, I'm just concerned that they're going to raise them even more.

What's your thoughts?

I'd suspect that they will raise prices for any sailing that has not yet occurred and continues to have staterooms available. If you could swing it, I would place a deposit on the cruise you want to book in 2015. You'll lock in the price as it is now and NCL will not impose an increase on your existing booking.

I'd suspect that they will raise prices for any sailing that has not yet occurred and continues to have staterooms available. If you could swing it, I would place a deposit on the cruise you want to book in 2015. You'll lock in the price as it is now and NCL will not impose an increase on your existing booking.

That's what I was thinking. The 2015 cruises are already $1399 and up per person, compared to rates as low as $1999 in 2012 and $1299 in 2013. I'd hate for prices to rise beyond $1399. Plus, I read that if I put down a deposit now I can get a lower price if the cost decreases.

That's what I was thinking. The 2015 cruises are already $1399 and up per person, compared to rates as low as $1999 in 2012 and $1299 in 2013. I'd hate for prices to rise beyond $1399. Plus, I read that if I put down a deposit now I can get a lower price if the cost decreases.

Yes, you can always take advantage of a price drop before Final Payment - but I doubt there will be many of those on POA. I've been watching prices creep up, not down. So glad we booked far in advance and can't wait to sail in just over four months!

We have done this cruise three times and each time we booked a year out and just sat back and watch the price increase to as much as $800 pp.

This cruise rarely gets discounted and often sells out before final payment. They are the only house in town to do this cruise.

Now I'm even more conflicted! Jan 2015 has fares for $1399, but my husband and I aren't sure if we can save in order to afford the cruise, insurance, flights and excursions in just 2 years time.

I thought 2016 would be the answer, but $1549 is the lowest rate available the entire year. That's more than my 10 day, 5 port central america cruise. Ugh!

But thank you all for the advice regarding buying early. Not only will I want the lower fares, I will definitely need the time to save! I just know Hawaii will be worth it though.

They may raise the prices but If you arenot set on a certain time to cruise they will drop.

We paid $1150 PP for a balcony last year about 8-9 months out and it went back upto $1799pp a few days later. they only had 4 at that price.

Also there is a large online Ta that advertises on CC that will get groups of cabins at a discount just keep an eye out and good luck

Archived