Carnival Pride in March with a 10 month old

carygirl

We're thinking of sailing the Carnival Pride with our 10 month old in March. We like that it leaves out of Baltimore, so we can avoid the plane. The cruise goes to the Bahamas, and we've been advised we don't need passports for the family to go there. They also said they have a 2 hour chunk of babysitting during the morning, although they were someone vague about this. We'd probably not be interested in the night time babysitting.

We would greatly appreciate it we get can some help with these questions:

1. Is there an area of the ship we can throw a blank down and play with him, like a lounge that is closed during the day? Ideally, an area that is quiet for him and won't be bothering other guests for a blanket to be laid down.

2. Does anyone know the detail for their under 2 babysitting during the day?

3. We haven't booked yet, and we'd love to hear people's opinions of if this is a suitable cruise for a 10 month old.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if you're still planning on doing this cruise or not, but dh, myself & our 10 month old son are leaving on the pride 2/24 & I'd be happy to share our experience with you when we come home! Let me know :)

I'm pretty sure you can bring baby to the camp area and let them play with the toys & crawl around as long as you stay with them.

Never cruised on the Pride, but took our son at 11 months and 14 months on the Glory and the Miracle. From our experience there was definitely space to lay down a blanket and play in some of the empty lounges or seating areas that weren't very crowded during the day. I believe the Pride and Miracle have similar layouts and the Miracle in particular had a lot of empty public space to have baby play. I never utilized the baby sitting services, so I can't comment on that. Our cruise with our son at 11 months was way easier than at 14 months (and later at 2) because he wasn't as mobile! The crew was wonderful and really took a liking to him. I'm sure you'll enjoy the time on board with your 10 month old!

Charleston is a great port. Have a wonderful cruise. 10 months is a good age- although my son was very busy crawling/ walking by then. So it won't be a "relaxing cruise" simply because on a ship there are miles and miles of space for them to crawl/ and or stand holding on to things. It will be work and I would recommend getting the largest cabin you can afford. I would bring a laptop with your child's favorite dvd's and a few familiar toys that they tend to play with. Also bring a little blow up pool

http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-White-Hot-Inflatable-Duck/dp/B000066665 That way you can fill it in the shower and let them take a bath and use it by the pool for water play- bring plastic cups because kids love to fill them and dump the water out.

Archived