Wait list, any hope?

luciabox

Thanks for the responses everyone :) We've done guarantys before so am not too worried about location, just category (which my GTY is the miminum I am happy with - upgrade, great! No upgrade, no problemo). We've been forward, aft, mid and under the Lido so thankfully, we are not too picky.

Miraculously, this morning the booking is confirmed.

No wait list! :)

Oceania Nautica awaits

Thanks to all for your comments[/quote

HAPPY FOR YOU. The cabin turn over on most segments this far out is beyond belief. Now if you're not where you want to be on the ship keep searching and play musical cabins.:)

You are not alone about ship location. IF I can't get what I want I stay home or look elsewhere. On Marina there are only two PH I would book. So paid the deposit and finally one came available before final due.:cool:

Hello,

Why are there only 2 PH that you would book? What makes the others unacceptable? My fiance and I are considering booking our honeymoon on Oceania and are currently discussing cabin categories and locations.

Any info would be very helpful.

Thanks! :)

Hello,

Why are there only 2 PH that you would book? What makes the others unacceptable? My fiance and I are considering booking our honeymoon on Oceania and are currently discussing cabin categories and locations.

Any info would be very helpful.

Thanks! :)

I preface my answer acknowledging if we all had same likes and dislikes Henry Ford would never have changed color from black. The two Oceania ships have two penthise suites (7130 and 7135) on deck seven with wraparound verandas and a wake view. The balance of PH suites, with the exception of two next to those I mentioned, have verandas wider but not deeper than any A category. These suites are rated 420 sq. ft. including veranda. Size of 7130/7135 are not listed except on the ship blueprints of which I do not have but I estimate their total at around 600 sq. ft.

My fantail choice is my own and I really don't care about a butler, executive lounge, and Canyon Ranch private deck. The latter can be bought by any category so really isn't all that exclusive. For me it is location and view.

Of course not all ships have fantail cabin offered at a price I am willing to pay; therefore, in recent years our cruises have been on Princess and Royal Caribbean.

The perfect destination in our view is home after a memorable voyage at sea so it is all about the ship and shiplife. We never disembark without a trace of saddness and a fianl backward glance to "our ship".

Now are'nt you sorry you asked? :):)

I preface my answer acknowledging if we all had same likes and dislikes Henry Ford would never have changed color from black. The two Oceania ships have two penthise suites (7130 and 7135) on deck seven with wraparound verandas and a wake view. The balance of PH suites, with the exception of two next to those I mentioned, have verandas wider but not deeper than any A category. These suites are rated 420 sq. ft. including veranda. Size of 7130/7135 are not listed except on the ship blueprints of which I do not have but I estimate their total at around 600 sq. ft.

My fantail choice is my own and I really don't care about a butler, executive lounge, and Canyon Ranch private deck. The latter can be bought by any category so really isn't all that exclusive. For me it is location and view.

Of course not all ships have fantail cabin offered at a price I am willing to pay; therefore, in recent years our cruises have been on Princess and Royal Caribbean.

The perfect destination in our view is home after a memorable voyage at sea so it is all about the ship and shiplife. We never disembark without a trace of saddness and a fianl backward glance to "our ship".

Now are'nt you sorry you asked? :):)

Spook: My wife even has particular suites that she does and/or doesn't like for various reasons...so....YOU ARE NOT ALONE :)

I am sure that there are plenty of people who like this suite (or cabin) and not another. We aren't all quite so picky -- but we (speaking for DH and myself) want to be in a PH or better (of course, if we're in a "better" level we don't want to pay for the privilege!)

But we all have different aspects of a cruise that are important to us.

In terms of sea motion I prefer to be midships, but in terms of view I prefer to be forward or aft. I can't often reconcile those desires!

And while we opt for butler-level cabins, we don't really care about the butler all that much! If we have one, we'll use him. (We didn't always.) But we don't mind not having one. The reason we book PH and above is for the extra room, NOT for the butler.

So my suggestion to someone who is trying to choose the "perfect" cabin, especially for a honeymoon, is not to try to control too much. Because someone will only book one of two PH cabins on the ship does NOT mean that this is a common reaction, or that you yourselves would agree.

The problem is, I suppose, that you won't know until you take a cruise!

Good luck!

Mura

I am sure that there are plenty of people who like this suite (or cabin) and not another. We aren't all quite so picky -- but we (speaking for DH and myself) want to be in a PH or better (of course, if we're in a "better" level we don't want to pay for the privilege!)

But we all have different aspects of a cruise that are important to us.

In terms of sea motion I prefer to be midships, but in terms of view I prefer to be forward or aft. I can't often reconcile those desires!

And while we opt for butler-level cabins, we don't really care about the butler all that much! If we have one, we'll use him. (We didn't always.) But we don't mind not having one. The reason we book PH and above is for the extra room, NOT for the butler.

So my suggestion to someone who is trying to choose the "perfect" cabin, especially for a honeymoon, is not to try to control too much. Because someone will only book one of two PH cabins on the ship does NOT mean that this is a common reaction, or that you yourselves would agree.

The problem is, I suppose, that you won't know until you take a cruise!

Good luck!

Mura

Always welcome your opinion, Mura. You underscore my refference about Henry Ford. You like amidships and I like fantail...to such a degree I insist on fantail.

Happy 2013 and all that follow.:)

Always welcome your opinion, Mura. You underscore my refference about Henry Ford. You like amidships and I like fantail...to such a degree I insist on fantail.

As the term has been used so often in this thread, I'm going to pick a Nautical Nit here, and point out that according to Mr. Webster the fantail of a ship is:

ocean_liner_stern_by_thebigemeraldpeacock-d2xulmx.jpg

"a counter or after overhang of a ship shaped like a duck's bill"

Therefore, no ship in the present Oceania fleet has one. :p

070957.jpg Spook1 prefers cabins at the stern, as do we.

It's not at all that I 'like" midships ... I just frequently find it necessary for my comfort to be there!

My preference is really the absolute front or rear of the ship ... But that's merely for "view" considerations! Amd comfort often trumps preference ...

Mura

As the term has been used so often in this thread, I'm going to pick a Nautical Nit here, and point out that according to Mr. Webster the fantail of a ship is:

"a counter or after overhang of a ship shaped like a duck's bill"

Therefore, no ship in the present Oceania fleet has one. :p

070957.jpgSpook1 prefers cabins at the stern, as do we.

Correct to the T. But I still like the word "fantail" as it is specific to location whereas stern might be port or starboard near the rear. The photo here is of a "clipped fantail" and modern ship design.:)

Nautical terms you have a berth, not a bed

You have a head not a bathroom, The floor is the deck, the walls are bulkhead, The celing is the overhead. Hallways are Passageway. A door is a Hatch.

But you can get real salty if you learn these

Drinking fountains are shuttlebuts, You dont have a snack you have Gedunks. Like " how about some gedunks and a drink"

Now get squared away...Arrgh.

Nautical terms you have a berth, not a bed

You have a head not a bathroom, The floor is the deck, the walls are bulkhead, The celing is the overhead. Hallways are Passageway. A door is a Hatch.

But you can get real salty if you learn these

Drinking fountains are shuttlebuts, You dont have a snack you have Gedunks. Like " how about some gedunks and a drink"

Now get squared away...Arrgh.

.Spoken like a real navy man. One you missed "a hamburger is a slider" and creamed chipped beef on toast...my favorite army breakfast..won't go there.:o

But I still like the word "fantail" as it is specific to location whereas stern might be port or starboard near the rear. The photo here is of a "clipped fantail" and modern ship design

Call it what you like, but you will run the risk of people who know what a fantail really is thinking that you are somewhat peculiar for desiring a cabin in that area of the ship. Fantails are notoriously loud, uncomfortable, and VERY prone to vibration.

SPW049834.jpg The true purpose of a fantail is to give the hull of a high speed ship balance, stability and additional mass to "soak up" some of the vibration caused by churning water.

Back in the days of class divided liners, the fantail was always the province of Third Class passengers, which is one of many reasons why modern Marine Architects did away with the fantail as the need for fast ships decreased following the introduction of the jet airplane.

162222.jpg Those few modern passenger ships which do require a fantail (QM2 is the most famous example) don't house passengers anywhere near it!

That said, if you are having a Cocktail Party "on the fantail", of an Oceania ship, we are IN! :D

Call it what you like, but you will run the risk of people who know what a fantail really is thinking that you are somewhat peculiar for desiring a cabin in that area of the ship. Fantails are notoriously loud, uncomfortable, and VERY prone to vibration.

SPW049834.jpg The true purpose of a fantail is to give the hull of a high speed ship balance, stability and additional mass to "soak up" some of the vibration caused by churning water.

Back in the days of class divided liners, the fantail was always the province of Third Class passengers, which is one of many reasons why modern Marine Architects did away with the fantail as the need for fast ships decreased following the introduction of the jet airplane.

162222.jpg Those few modern passenger ships which do require a fantail (QM2 is the most famous example) don't house passengers anywhere near it!

That said, if you are having a Cocktail Party "on the fantail", of an Oceania ship, we are IN! :D

And the POOP DECK is forward of the fantail. No host bar.

Archived