Tux Rental

kwoody

We are going out on the Mariner for the New Years cruise and rented tuxedos. Does anyone know if they give it to you for just one night? The whole cruise? Both formal nights?

Just wondering so I could plan.

Thanks!

We are going out on the Mariner for the New Years cruise and rented tuxedos. Does anyone know if they give it to you for just one night? The whole cruise? Both formal nights?

Just wondering so I could plan.

Thanks!

They give you 2 shirts, so both formal nights. Here's the info:

https://tuxedorentals.rccl.com/tuxedo/tuxrental.nsf

DH rented for our Explorer cruise. It was hanging in the closet upon our arrival. The studs, cuff links, tie and cumberbund were on a hanger with one of the shirts. After the 2nd formal night they will notify you of when to have the tux ready for pick-up.

Make sure you try it on before formal night in case an adjustment is needed.

Enjoy!

Yes it will be hanging in your closet and they will pick it out of your closet at the end. You can wear it whenever you want. Just don't wear it with out the pants!! ;) Try it on, my sleeves were a little too long. They should have the tailor onboard on they day of the first formal night. Check your compass and sometimes they announce it because some people rent them while on the cruise.

There are two tux packages that are available. The tux will be in your closet on boarding day. As others said try it on as soon as you can to ensure a proper fit. If there are any issues with the tux you can go to the display on the Promenade where they also do the rentals onboard. Just speak to the person at the display about your problem and the tailor will either come to your cabin to take a measurement or do it right there at the tux display. Whatever needs replacing will be sent to your cabin as soon as possible (usually later that evening after sailaway).

I have used the service multiple times with no problems, on my most recent cruise the tux jacket was a little too long in the sleeves and the tailor took care of everything.

I have used this service before. no problems with getting the tuxedo. Be sure as others have suggested to try it on and confirm a good fit ahead of wearing it on formal night. We had another member of party with a broken clasp on the tie which was not discovered until he was dressing for dinner. They replaced it with no problem.

Hardest part is to keep all the pieces together throughout the cruise. When you take it off, take the time to put everything together in a known location. :)

Renting does save the trouble of carrying something for formal nights in your baggage. That can be nice, especially if you are flying. Downside is the last tuxedo I received was getting older and showed signs of fraying. :( Not too visible but definitely it was at end of life as rental.

I have used this service before. no problems with getting the tuxedo. Be sure as others have suggested to try it on and confirm a good fit ahead of wearing it on formal night. We had another member of party with a broken clasp on the tie which was not discovered until he was dressing for dinner. They replaced it with no problem.

Hardest part is to keep all the pieces together throughout the cruise. When you take it off, take the time to put everything together in a known location. :)

Renting does save the trouble of carrying something for formal nights in your baggage. That can be nice, especially if you are flying. Downside is the last tuxedo I received was getting older and showed signs of fraying. :( Not too visible but definitely it was at end of life as rental.

You make a good point about how much room you can save in your luggage without formal wear clothes.

Archived