Cavetubing AND Mayan ruins in one day?

espre

Has anyone ever done both with the same tour company? I think that VIV, as well as Cavetubing.bz, offer combo tours and I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little bit about their experience. At first I thought that we would see the ruins in Cozumel and go cavetubing in Belize, but I'm wondering if we can combine the two in Belize so that we will have more "beach time" in Cozumel. Our cruise ship is scheduled in both ports from 7am to 5pm. Also, the ruins in Belize look more interesting than the ones in Cozumel. Does anyone have an opinion of which place (Belize or Cozumel) has the more impressive ruins? Thanks for any information.

I have never been to Belize and so have no experience or insight to share on those ruins. But I have been to Chichen Itza as well as Tulum and Coba in Cozumel and found them all worth the effort. Tulum is set on a cliff on the water and is really beautiful. Coba is a short drive inland from Tulum and also interesting. I don't know if that is helpful to you. I am going to Belize in February and hope to visit some Mayan ruins there so I will have more to offer later on!

Has anyone ever done both with the same tour company? I think that VIV, as well as Cavetubing.bz, offer combo tours and I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little bit about their experience. At first I thought that we would see the ruins in Cozumel and go cavetubing in Belize, but I'm wondering if we can combine the two in Belize so that we will have more "beach time" in Cozumel. Our cruise ship is scheduled in both ports from 7am to 5pm. Also, the ruins in Belize look more interesting than the ones in Cozumel. Does anyone have an opinion of which place (Belize or Cozumel) has the more impressive ruins? Thanks for any information.

I'm thinking about doing the same thing with viv, it looks doable.

From the port, it is roughly an hour's drive to get to cave-tubing. Unless it was booked as a combo package, I would not try to do both.

The ruins in Cozumel are nice, but not spectacular.

Agree. Tulum doesn't hold a candle to chitzenitza(sp).

Archived