Getting to Caye Caulker

mobsterdon

We have only cruised once before and have never used anyone other than the cruise ship for excursions. Princess doesn't offer anything going to Caye Caulker and we really want to do something a little laid back. I'm not sure who to use, how reliable they are, and what are my risks. Any help would be great. Thank you. Don

Have never used the Caye Caulker Water Taxi but did see them go back/forth.

http://cayecaulkerwatertaxi.com/

For me, I prefer the safety of a tour operator who can take me there.

Coral Breeze Tours has an Island tour package which gives you about 190 minutes on this island. Have used this operator, two times before for the Shark Ray alley tour. they have a good reputation and good reports on TripAdvisor.

Will use them in April to shuttle my sister and brother-in law to Caye Caulker.

http://www.coralbreezetours.com/current_category.15/Product.11/tours_add.html?t_product=11

I second the suggestion to use Coral Breeze Tours for your way to & from Caye Caulker & the amount of time there will give you a nice feel for the island.

And, you will not be risking the dreaded situation where there is not room enough on the Water Taxi for the return to Belize City.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

The ride takes you thru some beautiful mangrove islands and past a private island with a golf course. The ride is at high speed so what you see goes by fast. They will slow down if they spot dolphins.

Ahhhh the golf course I've heard so much about. Some members at my club have played it and say its amazing. No clubs come with me on cruises though but I would like to see it. Thank you for the help!!

Archived