Dream-13th Jan Tropical Delights -advice needed!

Hi all, This will be the 1st cruise myself and my DH have taken in 15 years and we are unsure if its best to stay "safe" and book the Thomson excursions or to do our own thing?

I've read reviews re. Corsol tours in st.lucia so we will go with him...but what about the other islands?

We will be celebrating my 40th birthday, so we would like a mix of fun and chilled things to do.

Has anybody done the reserva boat trip through the mangroves in Margarita island?

Cheers all & thanks in advance:)

Justy had a look at the reviews on TA looks great, but someone has posted that the best time is "crack of dawn" or early evening.....don't think the ship will be in port at the best times in that case?

I'm sure that due to it's location Margarita, must have some redeeming features, everyone seems to write it off as a port of call...shame really.

Can anyone offer any positives about the island?

Justy had a look at the reviews on TA looks great, but someone has posted that the best time is "crack of dawn" or early evening.....don't think the ship will be in port at the best times in that case?

I'm sure that due to it's location Margarita, must have some redeeming features, everyone seems to write it off as a port of call...shame really.

No lol "runs screaming out of room" we went in 2011 and will be going with the Dream in January one place i will stay on board nothing to see?

Why do Thomsons include it on cruise? There are lots of other places they could stop at, is it just to say that they have paid Venezuela a visit :confused:

Done the Diiscover Margarita tour at Easter 2012, there`s nothing much to see. There is a massive duty free shopping center in Porlamar, which would be worth a visit, but Thomson don`t take you there. Stay on the ship!:)

QUOTE=lppwrth;36507487]Justy had a look at the reviews on TA looks great, but someone has posted that the best time is "crack of dawn" or early evening.....don't think the ship will be in port at the best times in that case?

My daughter and me booked online beforehand to go horse riding. It was amazing and we didnt pay until afterwards. Were picked up at the port and returned there after. Would certainly recommend Cabachuan Horse riding, see trip advisor for my review

We are sailing on the 27th January and have booked the "Rhumba on the Chiva" too.

I am feel I have now turned a negative into a positive and quite looking forward to our excursion now.

Last time on this Island we were on OV and had to go ashore by tender. Is this the same with The Dream?

Lorraine

Archived