IS "Reflection" Aqua Cabin 1618 OK?

Dave4120

Hello...My wife and I have cruised on RCCL over 20 times, and plan on cruising Celebrity for the 2nd time next fall, on the Reflection.

We decided to try an Aqua Class cabin, and ended up booking cabin 1618. From what I was told, 1620 would have been better, but several have said 1618 should work out just fine and it is considered a hump location???

I am just wondering if this cabin choice was a good selection, and, if anyone else has been in this cabin, even though I know the ship has only been sailing for a short period of time.

Thanks in advance for any help or information you can provide to assure us of making a wise choice.

Dave

Hello...My wife and I have cruised on RCCL over 20 times, and plan on cruising Celebrity for the 2nd time next fall, on the Reflection.

We decided to try an Aqua Class cabin, and ended up booking cabin 1618. From what I was told, 1620 would have been better, but several have said 1618 should work out just fine and it is considered a hump location???

I am just wondering if this cabin choice was a good selection, and, if anyone else has been in this cabin, even though I know the ship has only been sailing for a short period of time.

Thanks in advance for any help or information you can provide to assure us of making a wise choice.

Dave

Dave, that is a great cabin and a great location. Large balcony. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks so far for the help. I thought it might be decent, and, am still hoping someone might see my post who has stayed in this cabin. I guess I'll be on the lookout.

Did you look at the link I provided? There is a review of 1618

Dave

We were just in 1610 and loved it. We had the most wonderful room attendent, her name was Annie.We have also sailed at least 20 times and feel Aqua was the right choice on this voyage. We did not do Quisine since it did not interest us, but the trip was just great.The view from 1610 is perfect. We did something we had not done before and had room service for dinner twice. We picked up a few nice deserts at Cafe Bianco and some apps at the Ocean Grill before . We tmed it right for sunset sail aways. We even booked the same room for next year.

luvstosail

Boston Ma

Thanks again so far for the information. It sounds like the 1618 Aqua Class room will be a hit.

Flames9...I did see your link and the 1618 room comments, however, it did not list what ship the 1618 room came from. On your spreadsheet, it lists that room as a Concierge Class cabin, so, I am wondering if it was a different ship than the Reflection because on the Reflection, they changed many of the Concierge Class and Aqua Class cabins where some CC rooms became Aqua and vice versa.

Not being knowledgable to know, I was just curious as to whether or not the comments for Cabin 1618 might be different if they truly came from the 1618 Aqua cabin on the Reflection.

Thanks again for all of the info so far.

Missed where you stated --Reflection---that spread sheet covers Most of the "S" class ships. Cheers

The cabin numbers are different on Deck 11 on Reflection. 1618 on Reflection is an AQ, and 1618 on all the other S-Class ships is a Celebrity Suite (CS) on the back angle of the hump.

Edited by Wine-O

Thanks again Wine-O for the help and information. I think I understand some of the changes made to cabins on the Reflection as compared to the other similar class ships.

You will be very happy with that stateroom and its location on the ship. It's our favorite place to be.

We recently stayed in 1616 on the Reflection, which is right next door to 1618. The balcony is huge, and this is a great mid-ship location. Annie the stateroom attendant was awesome. You will love this cabin!

Thanks again....We are both very excited. We are going on the Explorer out of New Jersey again in early May, then, The Reflection in mid November. It is great to be able to cruise twice a year now compared to our once a year before. The way work and stress affect many of us now-a-days, it seems like I need a cruise every 3-months. Hard to believe that many years ago many of us could go 50 weeks before taking our one or two week vacation.

Thanks Alishac...Nice to hear you were right next to the room we will have on The Reflection. I remember getting a hump cabin on the RCCL Radiance, and that balcony was so big, we had a big table, 4-chairs including two long lounge chairs. We could fit 8 to 10 people on that thing, plus a grill, if allowed.

It gets exciting after you read comments like yours about the our cabin selection

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We had 1618 on the Reflection in March. Great location, large balcony (yes, 1620 is bigger, but not by that much).

We liked the bed by the balcony setup, made getting dressed and accessing the closet easier.

We would book this cabin again in a heartbeat.

You will have a great time!

• 7 months later...