British Colonial Hilton - Useage fee

sickofsnowinmich

We're about to book the BCH for our cruise in May. We have a 3yo and an 8yo and they want a calm beach that is not too deep. From the pictures, this looks like their kind of place!

I've heard reports that the front desk will give you sand toys or pool noodles for the kids to use. Does anyone know if this is true? Trying to decide if I should lug sand toys to the hotel or not...

Thanks!!

Kristi

We're about to book the BCH for our cruise in May. We have a 3yo and an 8yo and they want a calm beach that is not too deep. From the pictures, this looks like their kind of place!

I've heard reports that the front desk will give you sand toys or pool noodles for the kids to use. Does anyone know if this is true? Trying to decide if I should lug sand toys to the hotel or not...

Thanks!!

Kristi

Not sure they will have sand toys in May, I haven't seen them lately, and they usually refresh toys and tubes in the summer months.

Recently they have only one kayak, and I haven't seen any tubes or floats lately either.

BCH is calm waters, it's quiet and peaceful, not alot to do but relax and work on your tan.

Personally.. I love it.

Is it true that it includes use of kayaks and water toys? What do they consider water toys?

Thanks!

In season, they have tubes and mats. They also have snorkeling masks and snorkels available.

Recently I have not seen the tubes and mats.. just the kayak.

Thanks, scubagirrl for the info!

I'll go ahead and bring some sand toys then. Our girls love to just run on the beach and look for shells and build sand castles. They are very timid when it comes to waves and deep water, so I thought the Hilton would be a better match than the Sheraton or RIU. Plus, it just looks more serene. =)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just found this thread and so appreciate all the info. We will be in Nassau on March 18th, and looking for something to do with our two sons, ages 14 and 11. We've done the Straw Market and the Atlantis Beach several years ago, and so I've been wondering about the BCH.

We are really not "beachy" people and would truthfully just stay a few hours, so it's a little on the $$ side for us, but it sure sounds beautiful. Wondering if the Sheraton, and it's lower cost, would be a better choice?

I saw on the Island Marketing website that snorkel tours are offered from the BCH -- ScubaGirl (or anyone :) ) are you familiar with those tours? Are they tied to buying a BCH Day Pass? (I know snorkeling is an extra add-on cost.) That sounds really tempting, as our boys would LOVE to snorkel somewhere!

Thanks in advance for any input!

~Leslie

We'll be there on March 17. I prebooked the BCH for our group and paid the downpayment for the day pass with my credit card. It says on my confirmation paper that the rest of the money must be paid by credit card. Is that true? Or can everyone in the group pay their share in cash to them?

BCH is cashless these days.

Even the Bar and Grilll are credit card, room card or voucher only.

Your group should be made aware of this.

BCH is cashless these days.

Even the Bar and Grilll are credit card, room card or voucher only.

Your group should be made aware of this.[/quot

Very good info as I only use cash on the islands. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!!

Kristi

There were some sand toys at the towel hit when were there at the beginning of March.

• 2 weeks later...

If we were to return to Nassau, I would definitely do the Hilton day pass again. We paid $40 each a few years ago and had a great day at the beach with our then nearly four year old. We had great chairs, nice tiki umbrella, lots of great sand and calm water. He made use of the sand toys, we ate lunch on the voucher and it was soooo worth what we paid then. $70 a day with a $40 voucher is not a deal I'd sneeze at. I'd do it again in a heart beat.

I will be in Nassau late May and I already bought passes to BCH, but its only me and the fiancee. Does anyone know if they have lockers or a storage for personal items while at the beach? If so, is it included in the package?

No lockers or storage. Property is pretty compact, you CAN keep you're eye on things while in the pool or beach.

Although it's not a public access beach, just to be safe, I wouldn't bring anything of significant value.

Hi Scubagirl and Everyone!

I am also planning to do BCH.

I have availability confirmation email and I just need to make my deposit.

Just double-checking that the best way to book is through ISLAND MARKETING?

They are reputable and the only/best way to book?

Can you book in advance directly w/BCH? THX!

Archived