Dressing for dinner for 10yr boy

MAKAMOM13

My son went on his first cruise when he was 10. He wore Khaki pants and a golf type shirt or a tropical fun shirt. He then changed after dinner to his shorts. It can also be chilly in the dining room.

Shorts are not permitted in the dining room at dinner, applies to adults and children. The dress code is posted on Carnivals website, and about 5 million times on this board :D A few times on the first page actually, LOL... Some dockers and a nice casual shirt would work nicely... good luck and have fun!!

Our last night on board, (non-formal), our son had no pants, (did not pack enough to support food spills!) and we had no challenges entering the main dining room. He wore a nice buttoned down shirt with khaki shorts. I would not suggest intentionally not packing pants, but good to know we were not banned at the door. (whew!)

Unfortunatly they wont turn away those in shorts and tshirts..which i don't approve of. Trust me i am a shorts lover and often even wear them in the winter up here in new jersey, however i agree with the dress code and i follow it, it's a shame not all people do.....

I've always dressed my boy's in shirts and khaki's. I did get them tux's for my last cruise. They looked soooo cute. We took them dancing after in one of the clubs. We weren't sure if they would let the kids stay but nobody said anything. They had fun dancing to the live band. :-)

Our last night on board, (non-formal), our son had no pants, (did not pack enough to support food spills!) and we had no challenges entering the main dining room. He wore a nice buttoned down shirt with khaki shorts. I would not suggest intentionally not packing pants, but good to know we were not banned at the door. (whew!)

I doubt anyone will ban you but there is a dress code!!! Time for parents to enforce it to there children!!!!! If you don't meet the dress code find someplace else to eat!! I use this as a teaching tool for my 11 year old, This is how people dress for dinner!!! You want to wear shorts go some wear else to eat you don't meet the code for the Dineing Room.. My own opinion!!!

i agree we took our last cruise with a 17 month old and a 24 month old and they met the dress code every single night, and if thye began to act up they left thedining room with one of us until they could act according to how one should act in the dining room.

i agree we took our last cruise with a 17 month old and a 24 month old and they met the dress code every single night, and if thye began to act up they left thedining room with one of us until they could act according to how one should act in the dining room.

Here Here!!! Thank You!!!!

I agree with having the kids follow the dress code. This was our first cruise and my son is nine. I actually enjoyed using the entire dinning room expierence everynight as a learning tool. He dressed up, he ordered his own food, he used his napkin, he did not slurp his drink, He did not pick off our plates, he said please and thank you, he sat on his butt not his feet or legs, he used his sliverware and the proper ones, he cut his own meat, he learned more table manners on this cruise than he ever new existed! It was great - He may need them someday ;)

You forget how casual we eat at home and how not "appropiate" it is.

Have fun!

Lisa

Elation 5-22-05

Archived