Question regarding drydock

bldsld

Does anyone have specifics as to what is going to happen to the triplets in drydock? I have read a variety of things speculated, but I'm curious how extensive the renovations will be.

Is Seabourn really retrofitting full-size verandas to replace the French balconies?

Thanks!

Denyse

I can't recall where I read that, Matt. It seems like a huge task to undertake, but I thought someone on this Board had posted to that effect.

Apologies if I am wrong....

Denyse

This was extensively studied before the present balcony solution was adopted. The bottom line problem is the weight and balance equation. You can't add a lot of weight up high on a floating object, for reasons that are too terrible to contemplate.

No, I think you'll find that the rather elegant solution on the sisters will continue to provide most, if not quite all, the advantages of a veranda.

bgood

• 3 weeks later...

Martita,

Do you mean to say that the photo of your 'evil' twin at her Juliette balcony in the spa robe and a tiara didn't send some Romeos swooning?

Jane (not that you would want her castoffs, however)

Jane~~~'alas, the "swooner's" were on the Dublin Pier below, installing our new Pride satelite dish.....the "Evil twin" gave quite a performance and even received applause! They never noticed me......on the balcony next door fully and properly dressed!

As to "her" castoffs, it would depend! hahaha

Miss M.

Archived