Allure/Oasis ocean balcony room options for party of 5

Thinking of trying the Allure or the Oasis. Our first & only cruise was in 2010 on a Freedom Aft. We are thinking of going again, we want to take our kids & trying the Oasis or the Allure. Would like to find 2 rooms close together (side by side) that have ocean balconies. Does any one have any rooms in those categories they would recommend? One of those rooms would need to sleep 3...

We have been lucky enough to sail on both Oasis and Allure. I booked cabin 12598 for myself, partner and 7 year old son. It was an ocean view with large balcony and had a sofa bed for my son to sleep on. My parents were next door in cabin 12600 which did not have a sofa bed. The cabin attendant opened the balcony divider for us which made one large balcony. It was great to all sit together on the large balcony and catch up but still have the privacy of our own cabin to retreat to at night. Oasis/Allure also have connecting cabins which are identical to the ones we were in, except they have a connecting door between the two cabins. Apparently the sound proofing through the connecting door on Oasis class ships is not great. That is why we opted for two separate cabins but to remove the balcony divider.

D8-D1 cabins are all identical inside. The cabins that have the sofa bed have the bed beside the closet and the sofa bed beside the balcony door. The only difference in the cabins is the location, except the D1 cabins, which have larger balconies.

We chose deck 12 as it was only one deck below the Adventure Ocean kids club and two decks from the pool deck and solarium. This is where we would spend most of our time. We had no noise from the pool deck. Loved the location so much that we booked 12594 for our 2nd Oasis class cruise.

I think that booking two cabins with a connecting door is much cheaper than booking a suite (which you cannot book online if it is for 5 people).

We have a group of 4 that will be in an Aqua Suite next month. From the research I have done we will have more than enough room both inside and out. Yes, the price for the first two people is high, but the others pay much less than booking an ocean view balcony.

donnam504

I have been looking into 2 cabins on Oasis for my family of four, one adult (me) and 3 teenagers 19, 16 and 15.

On Oasis I am looking into a D1 Superior Ocean View with Large Balcony - this category of cabin are on the hump of each deck from deck 6 to deck 14 (there is no deck 13) As an example the cabin numbers on deck 8 are:

Port side - 8192, 8194, 8196*, 8198, 8200*, 8202 and 8204*

Starboard side - 8592, 8594*, 8596, 8598*, 8600, 8602* and 8604

The ones that I have put an asterix next to have a sofa bed and sleep 4.

AND the cabins ending with 602 and 604 are connecting on most decks. You need to check out each deck as there are some variances, ie. some decks are only 2 berth cabins and may not be connecting.

You can use the RCI website to do a dummy booking with 2 cabins with different numbers of people in but it's easier if you know what cabin numbers you are interested in.

Happy planning!

Archived