Questions about touring the Clifton Heritage Park

annikin

After searching both here, trip advisor and google I have found a tour company that doesn't seem to show up on CC anywhere - has anyone heard of it, or recommend? Land n Sea Park Tours apparently picks people up from their hotel or cruise then takes them on a tour of the Clifton Heritage Park and includes a snorkel expedition. I am a first time cruiser and have been leaning towards sticking with the cruise line for excursions especially after reading about not leaving the tourist corridor in Nassau, but this one is not available through the cruise line. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

After searching both here, trip advisor and google I have found a tour company that doesn't seem to show up on CC anywhere - has anyone heard of it, or recommend? Land n Sea Park Tours apparently picks people up from their hotel or cruise then takes them on a tour of the Clifton Heritage Park and includes a snorkel expedition. I am a first time cruiser and have been leaning towards sticking with the cruise line for excursions especially after reading about not leaving the tourist corridor in Nassau, but this one is not available through the cruise line. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've seen their website, but haven't heard anything about them.

When are you planning on being in Nassau??

On Jan 26. I had noticed on the park website, it said it was open weekdays so I emailed the tour company to find out about this since we are there on a Saturday and the email I got back says that they are separate from the park but do tours on the weekends as well.

On Jan 26. I had noticed on the park website, it said it was open weekdays so I emailed the tour company to find out about this since we are there on a Saturday and the email I got back says that they are separate from the park but do tours on the weekends as well.

This company seems a bit deceptive to me. I checked Tripadvisor for the National Park, and they have associated thier website and tours as the "owner"..which is just not true.

The park is only $2 to tour.. don't know what the add'l $62 is for.

You could take a cab there and back for less that that..

I'm sent some inquiries.. will post when I know something.

Any word back on this scubagirrl?

From what I have gathered, they are a new company that has created an expensive tour to Clifton Park.

No word on whether or not it's a decent tour or not

If there are more than 2 in your group, you could take a cab to the park, entry fee is $2. Tram is $10 and beach is free. Just make sure you arrange for the cab to pick you up.. I don't think you're phone will work here.

Clifton Park is interesting.. and the beach is natural.

The issue I have with this company is that their advertising on Tripadvisor is deceiving. They are not associated in any way with the park (I asked the ministry of tourism).. yet they align thier website with the national park as if it were the only access to the park

When are u planning on going??

Ok, thanks again for your help - I agree with you on the fact that the tour co. on tripadvisor is misleading and for that reason alone, will not book through them.

We are still not sure if we want to do this on our own being new to cruising ;) However, if we do, the information you have provided will help us get to see it. For taxi, is it accurate that if we arrange round trip, we set a price before we get in and then pay when we get returned to the dock?

Ok, thanks again for your help - I agree with you on the fact that the tour co. on tripadvisor is misleading and for that reason alone, will not book through them.

We are still not sure if we want to do this on our own being new to cruising ;) However, if we do, the information you have provided will help us get to see it. For taxi, is it accurate that if we arrange round trip, we set a price before we get in and then pay when we get returned to the dock?

You would pay your taxi for the trip out to the park.. then again for the trip back as they may send another driver.

Some taxi's belong to a fleet.. so have different vehicles and drivers.

If you want to book in advance. Contact sandra Ferguson.. she'll set you up Tell her scubagirrl sent you.

www.sandrastaxibahamas.com

Archived