Classic drinks package, what is included please?

Jo and Rob

good question. I was hoping to try different "small" martinis at the 6 dollar limit for the classic package.

If you are not a really finicky drinker, the "rail" booze served by Celebrity is as good or better than any bar on land. The Classic liquor package will easily cover any drink you would like. The only exception might be the Martini Bar where they will try and tell you that you cannot order a "small" martini. Just tell them that that is what you are ordering. Trust me, they will serve you! I say this from experience just in case anyone is wondering if this is really true. :)

Edited by gimletgal

We just booked a 4-night Caribbean today and selected the Classic Alcohol Beverage Package "as our free gift" (as they say on TV). Our Cruise Consultant (who is also a very close friend) informed us we could upgrade to Premium for $11.50/day, including the gratuity. He said we could do it in advance, once the reservation became booked in the system, or wait until on-board.

My husband got addicted to the Aspen Coffee at the Cova Cafe. I wonder how much those were and if the Classic package would cover them.

Aspen coffee is $6.00. At least it was in April, 2012. Even if the price has gone up, it should be included in your Classic package. Enjoy! :D

Hi, does anyone know if the price of a Gin & Tonic is covered on the Classic Package.

Just wondering if the combination of the two drinks would bring it over $8.

Thanks in advance,

Rick.

It is covered with the non-premium liquor. (i.e. you can get Beefeater, and possibly Tanqueray but not Tanqueray 10, Hendricks or Sapphire). A gin and Tonic is considered one drink and not two.

1. which gins and vodkas are included in the classic alcohol package?

2. which gins and vodkas are included in the premium alcohol package?

3. if i use the current 123 promotion and get the free classic alcohol package, how do i upgrade to the premium package, and when can i do so?

this is my first post with celebrity, although i have sailed with them twice before. thanks in advance!

3. if i use the current 123 promotion and get the free classic alcohol package, how do i upgrade to the premium package, and when can i do so?

this is my first post with celebrity, although i have sailed with them twice before. thanks in advance!

The diference between the Classic and the Premium package is they use brand names of the spirit's for Premium and for Classic they use the House spirits.Another word is the cheapest sprits they could find.:D:D:D:D

Edited by Sailkeylargo

Questions 1 and 2. Liquors which run above $8 are premium only. Also, if you go to Celebrity's page on the packages and click the link embedded in the package description it goes to a page listing liquors available on that package. I've never bought the alcoholic package, but based on those links it looks like they use name brand liquors on the classic package but not as high end as the premium package. For example the classic package lists Beefeater and Tanquray Gin but the Premium package lists Tanquray 10 and Sapphire Gin.

3. I've head different things about how to upgrade and if it needs to be done during the promotion or if it can be done on board. You should ask when you book and then double check with Celebrity after you've booked.

Edited by Lsimon

Questions 1 and 2. Liquors which run above $8 are premium only. Also, if you go to Celebrity's page on the packages and click the link embedded in the package description it goes to a page listing liquors available on that package. I've never bought the alcoholic package, but based on those links it looks like they use name brand liquors on the classic package but not as high end as the premium package. For example the classic package lists Beefeater and Tanquray Gin but the Premium package lists Tanquray 10 and Sapphire Gin.

3. I've head different things about how to upgrade and if it needs to be done during the promotion or if it can be done on board. You should ask when you book and then double check with Celebrity after you've booked.

IMO.Classic is good enough for mixed DRINKS .Premium High end brands spirits should enjoy by itself with no Mix.;)

Can you please verify if most of your mixed cocktails for example Kahlua & Cream, Long Island Iced Tea, Tom Collins, 7 & 7, Daiquiri, Margarita, Pinna Colada, Whisky Sour etc. cost $8.00 or less? Would the Daiquiri, Margarita, Pinna Colada etc. be considered frozen drinks and would they be in the classic drink Package or the Premium Package? Thank you.

Can you please verify if most of your mixed cocktails for example Kahlua & Cream, Long Island Iced Tea, Tom Collins, 7 & 7, Daiquiri, Margarita, Pinna Colada, Whisky Sour etc. cost $8.00 or less? Would the Daiquiri, Margarita, Pinna Colada etc. be considered frozen drinks and would they be in the classic drink Package or the Premium Package? Thank you.

Can't answer your question 100%, but here is a link to the Celebrity fleet wide bar menu from 2010. http://beyondships.com/files/Fleetwide_Bar_Menu_2010.pdf

Lots of good fancy drinks for $8 and under. I suspect most are still $8 and under. We are using the classic package in April and do not expect to upgrade to premium.

From what I have read (alot) that most mixed drinks are included with the classic package, except for the Martinis and drinks with the top shelf stuff.

Can't answer your question 100%, but here is a link to the Celebrity fleet wide bar menu from 2010. http://beyondships.com/files/Fleetwide_Bar_Menu_2010.pdf

Lots of good fancy drinks for $8 and under. I suspect most are still $8 and under. We are using the classic package in April and do not expect to upgrade to premium.

From what I have read (alot) that most mixed drinks are included with the classic package, except for the Martinis and drinks with the top shelf stuff.

I'm sure I read somewhere on the Celebrity site that for some cocktails you can order small ones which will then be included in the classic package and I think it was talking about the martini bar.

I'm sure I read somewhere on the Celebrity site that for some cocktails you can order small ones which will then be included in the classic package and I think it was talking about the martini bar.

You are probably right, my guess is that you can order a "regular" martini for <$8. It is just Gin and Vermouth. I think that most people think a of Martini on a Celebrity as one of the large $10 ones made at the Martini bar.

The diference between the Classic and the Premium package is they use brand names of the spirit's for Premium and for Classic they use the House spirits.Another word is the cheapest sprits they could find.:D:D:D:D

Believe it or not this is not true. Even their least expensive booze is far far better than the "cheapest" you might think they pour. i.e. Grey Goose is the pouring vodka, Bombay Sapphire for gin, at least at The Martini Bar and the bartenders pour very very generously. I've noticed Smirnoff there too, but probably for those who only call for it. (sounds weird)

I don't think so - all the drinks at the Molecular Bar at $12, except the 20 Year Martini which is $11.

I wonder if you can get anything from the molecular bar on the classic package? Now that would be good!

Well, with the Premium Package you can ask for a more expensive brand, for example Grey Goose, and get it. But if you just order a drink without specifying, they usually won't know you have the Premium Package (or any package) until you hand them your card - which is usually after you've received your drink - so you'll get the same as those with or without a classic or premium package.

Believe it or not this is not true. Even their least expensive booze is far far better than the "cheapest" you might think they pour. i.e. Grey Goose is the pouring vodka, Bombay Sapphire for gin, at least at The Martini Bar and the bartenders pour very very generously. I've noticed Smirnoff there too, but probably for those who only call for it. (sounds weird)

At the Martini bar the drink prices are all $10 and that includes premium liquor. Not so for some of the drinks discussed at other bars. For example, if you go another bar and ask for a gin and tonic I think it will be under $8 and will not be poured with Sapphire but Sapphire is available at a higher cost. At least that is how I think it works.

Edited by Lsimon

At the Martini bar the drink prices are all $10 and that includes premium liquor. Not so for some of the drinks discussed at other bars. For example, if you go another bar and ask for a gin and tonic I think it will be under $8 and will not be poured with Sapphire but Sapphire is available at a higher cost. At least that is how I think it works.

That is exactly how it works. With either package as long as the liquor is under the various threshold, you just order a Absolute and OJ instead of a screwdriver to receive your choice of vodka.

All of those drinks you mentioned qualify for the Classic Package.

AND, you CAN get a martini in the Martini Bar for $6.00! You just have to tell them that you want a small one. They will get it for you. You can also get a manhattan, gimlet, etc. for $6.00. Just cruised in November on the Eclipse and did all of the above. As I said on another thread, unless you are really finicky about your brand of alcohol, the Classic package covers a lot!

All of those drinks you mentioned qualify for the Classic Package.

AND, you CAN get a martini in the Martini Bar for $6.00! You just have to tell them that you want a small one. They will get it for you. You can also get a manhattan, gimlet, etc. for $6.00. Just cruised in November on the Eclipse and did all of the above. As I said on another thread, unless you are really finicky about your brand of alcohol, the Classic package covers a lot!

I am getting really excited about our Classic package! I am a complete ignoramus when it comes to cocktails and the Martini bar. Does this mean we can ask for anything on the martini bar menu as a small and get it?

Please can we have your recommendations on which cocktails / martinis your prefer. Did I see someone having a chocolate martini? I have no idea of the names or ingredients so can we have some help please? :o

Is there a limit to number of drinks you can have per day with beverage packages? I just saw you can upgrade to the premium package for $10/person/day and you need to call Celebrity after January 27 to do that.

No limit! The difference is the value of the drink. Classic will give you bottled water, fresh fruit juice, frozen drinks and cocktails, sodas, wine, beer and spirits. :)