Paradise delayed

KPfromCT

According to John Heald's FB page, the Paradise hasn't even entered the channel yet. Super thick fog is preventing them from doing so.....If you are scheduled to sail on her today, sign up for text alerts. She is definitely going to be late:rolleyes:

I got the text message. Wonder how late I should hold back from going to the port? Thoughts?

The dense fog alert is through 9AM. It takes I think 2 hours to get to port once under the bridge. I would wait until it at least got past the bridge. You can keep an eye on its location by going to marinetraffic dot com

Tampa

thank you. seems fog has been an ongoing problem this fall and winter for the port. probably has turned me off from using it and I will stick with the ports that have direct access to the ocean instead of causeways or channels. i know how san francisco can get when the fog roles in and how the visibility cuts down to zero. i've even seen fog that snows in cold climates, that is always an interesting site.

thank you. seems fog has been an ongoing problem this fall and winter for the port. probably has turned me off from using it and I will stick with the ports that have direct access to the ocean instead of causeways or channels. i know how san francisco can get when the fog roles in and how the visibility cuts down to zero. i've even seen fog that snows in cold climates, that is always an interesting site.

Yup...agreed!! Galveston seems to be another one that gets hit hard with the fog. Although, it wouldn't stop me from booking the Magic. DYING to cruise on that ship:D:D

Yup...agreed!! Galveston seems to be another one that gets hit hard with the fog. Although, it wouldn't stop me from booking the Magic. DYING to cruise on that ship:D:D

Sure hope there's no fog when we're on her in March:D:D:D

Glad I sugned up for text alerts, we leave out on her next Saturday:) Hope we dont have this kind of fog, but from the boards, seems like there has been lots of foggy mornings in the bay as of late.

Hope those on board are having a good time despite being late back to port. :)

My husband are still onboard the Paradise. We received the word at 8am when the captain came over the in-cabin speaker and said we would be delayed due to fog. We are thankfully doing back-to-back cruises, so this hasn't really affected us. The fog was so thick you couldn't see but 2 feet out into the water.

It's 4pm and they JUST called the last self-assist deck for debarkation. They still have to call the 20 or so zones for regular debarkation. We went downstairs to ask what we needed to do since we're doing back-to-back cruises and they printed up our new sign and sail cards on the spot. We don't have to get off the ship. They said to come back down to the service desk when they star boarding the new group of passengers at 6pm to get our photos taken. So easy!!!

The weather in Tampa is about 72 degrees and super cloudy. It looks like it may rain.

The first leg of our Paradise cruise was great. I feel bad for those who have been waiting in the terminal forever and for those who missed flights. I did get the emails saying they are giving everyone boarding a $15 credit since they missed lunch onboard. Not sure if we'll get that since we're already aboard and ate lunch. The email also told passengers not to show up to the terminal until 6pm... But I could see inside the terminal windows when we pulled alongside at 245pm and there were already hundreds of people waiting to board.

Archived