Zydecocruiser's Carnival Conquest Fun Ship 2.0 Photo Review

Sargent_Schultz

Oops, the cheese grits, forgot about those. The Bloody Mary was pretty good.

Okay, we've had our soup, bread, grits, and cocktail.

One day I had a side order of bacon and sausage. The bacon was not of the crisp variety, but perhaps it was my fault for not requesting it that way. But it's all good. :)

DSC_0984_DxO.jpg

This would have been more to my liking

DSC_0021.JPG

The second time, I asked for something more on the lunch side - a Caesar Salad. The options include fried chicken or jerk bacon. I chose the bacon (naturally) and asked for extra. This bacon was better, and maybe next time I'll just ask for a side order of it.

DSC_2285_DxO.jpg

DSC_2286_DxO.jpg

For dessert, I chose the Banana Creme Pie and it was tasty. As always, with cruise food, there are no calories.

DSC_2293_DxO.jpg

ohhhhh, i cannot wait to get back on this ship!!!!! more more more!

i usually book our cabins at that aft of the ship...less traffic. but this time we have ds with us who will be in camp and it's more convenient to be fwd. i just hope our balcony misses the life boats. any pics looking down at those?

thanks again for the great review.

Oh yeah, lifeboats. Lifeboats on Conquest class ships aren't the issue they might be on other classes. They are mostly tucked into the main structure

DSC_1678_DxO.jpg

DSC_1680_DxO.jpg

DSC_0990_DxO.jpg

On the camera question, I suppose I could add a few details.

On the Nikon D7000, the lens I use the most is a 18-200mm DX zoom (which equates to 27-300mm). My wide angle is 10-24mm (=15-36mm).

I also have a 35mm prime (52.5mm), a 40mm (60mm) (pseudo) macro, and a couple more which I don't really use at all and probably should just sell. I'm starting to use the 35mm more.

On books, well, yes, I've purchased a few and have yet to read any of them. Never taken a class. Neither a book or a class will actually take any pictures for you I've just taken lots of pictures and then after the fact, when I see something I like, I try to remember how I did it and keep it in mind for the next time I am in a similar situation.

Everybody sees things a little differently - no two people will take the exact same photo. You need to discover what works for you. Discimus Agere Agendo.

Thank you. After Wednesday, a whole lot less. My background is kind of, sort of, similar to Kokomo_Man's and he apparently has transitioned to writing.

Semi-retired doing aerospace contract work, so writing about cruising would be logical. ;) I recall going into engineering it the first place because there were no English classes required. :p

OK, so now we have a fantastic amateur photographer, bona fide smart guy who writes very well and hates English class! WOW!:D

Okay, one meal of the day down, time to walk around some

Day and night, they sometimes had a musician playing on Lido. I usually noticed near the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, but perhaps alternated with RedFrog RumBar

DSC_0788_DxO.jpg

Sometimes No DJ

DSC_0950_DxO.jpg

sometimes DJ

DSC_0991_DxO.jpg

The DJ didn't seem to scare people off and played a variety of music. Sometimes even had a little gangnam style going!

Hot tubs are in a much better spot IMHO.

I agree - I hated the old spot, I felt like I was "on display" sitting there - the new ones are in a much better location, tucked in against the wall. I also like the little sitting area in the pool - can you sit there and drink a cocktail?

Everybody sees things a little differently - no two people will take the exact same photo. You need to discover what works for you. Discimus Agere Agendo.

Im actually going to agree with you :eek:

Concerning ur possible future camera, you mentioned a Canon 20D, thats the first DSLR camera I had.

So, Im thinking you might want to get a 60D, since they have made alot of advancments in the past 9yrs;)

Im actually going to agree with you :eek:

Concerning ur possible future camera, you mentioned a Canon 20D, thats the first DSLR camera I had.

So, Im thinking you might want to get a 60D, since they have made alot of advancments in the past 9yrs;)

Ah gee - so close...

I have had Canons before, but I was talking about a Canon D10 and a Canon D20 - their "waterproof" cameras. For DSLRs, I'm going to stick with Nikon for a while.

81l%2BxZU6ngL._AA1500_.jpg

719JpbfT2PL._AA1000_.jpg

Hot tubs are in a much better spot IMHO.

I agree - I hated the old spot, I felt like I was "on display" sitting there - the new ones are in a much better location, tucked in against the wall. I also like the little sitting area in the pool - can you sit there and drink a cocktail?

I agree agree. I think it goes with Carnival spreading attractions and passengers out and reducing congestion.

I have seen people even eat in/on similar sitting areas on other Carnival ships

Ah gee - so close...

I have had Canons before, but I was talking about a Canon D10 and a Canon D20 - their "waterproof" cameras. For DSLRs, I'm going to stick with Nikon for a while.

UH DUH....... waterproof..... I havnt even seen the D20, Im going to look into that. I need a new snorkel camera

I was thinking with all your lenses it would be expensive to switch over to Canon.

I shoot Canon ever since my AE-1P from the 80's ....... I wouldnt want to think of how much my 2.8 IS lenses would be if I switched to Nikon. Bodies are inexpensive...... Lenses:eek:

Edited by jonbgd