New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

I think we will cancel our two booked cruises with Celebrity. We are really disappointed with them how they treat the international guests w.r.t the beverage package promotion. Being on a ship knowing that mostly all others enjoy their drinks in the frame of this promotion and being part of a minority who paid 1600$ for the drink package on a 18 days cruise does not make fun. We will not feel comfortable and welcomed and will always be reminded when being on board!

Hello...been wanting to try Celebrity for quite some time now and the current 1-2-3 Promo as well as the 50% reduced deposits is pretty motivating. Few questions....

• What are the initial deposit amounts?
  • Will Celebrity book a "TBD" passnger to be named later? Say, I put a deposit down now for me and TBD and give them the passengers name before final payment? Not sure who is going with me as of yet.
  • What is the Celebrity cancellation policy?

I did a search here for answers and it wasnt working...thank you!

I think we will cancel our two booked cruises with Celebrity. We are really disappointed with them how they treat the international guests w.r.t the beverage package promotion. Being on a ship knowing that mostly all others enjoy their drinks in the frame of this promotion and being part of a minority who paid 1600$ for the drink package on a 18 days cruise does not make fun. We will not feel comfortable and welcomed and will always be reminded when being on board!

I have the same intension, but I will lose 2000 EUR including flights. Received feedback from Celebrity DE. Neither given a reason why they treat me like a second class passenger nor trying to contact the headquarter in the US. Sent a second email with my concern about this and new answer arrived within 15 minutes: we do Not apply the US rules. Have a nice vacaction. Haha.

Never seen this kind of Service. Will call Celebrity US and see what happens.

We are very light drinkers and do not drink soda at all. Originally we planned to purchase the premium-non alcoholic plan, primarily for the water and tea and for the smoothies for dh. (We also do not drink coffee.) Then we would buy a drink if we felt like it. DH was sure to have a few beers on the 11 day cruise and I would have a few glasses of wine, maybe we each would have a frozen drink on the sea days by the pool if it is hot. We did the calculations for upgrading to premium alcoholic and felt that with the reduced fare and the potential payment for alcohol consumed it came out to still costing a little bit more but worth it. (Since we have an option of choosing two, it came down to the OBC vs. the drinks pkg. Since we drink copious amounts of water, we knew we would still buy the premium non alcoholic pkg with the OBC if going that way. Add that cost to the alcoholic beverages we would consume and it came out best and less stressful to choose the drinks package and upgrade to premium since we love sparkling waters also.)

And, no, I absolutely do not think that a non-drinker would find more value in the drinks package vs. the gratutities (for a longer cruise anyway) and probably not at all. But only you know how 'lightly' you drink. You could look at it this way: You know how much the gratuities are and therefore the value for you. Subtract from that the drinks, waters, etc. you feel you would buy if actually paying per drink. See if there's any money left on the gratuities side of the equation after the calculation. Another way of looking at it: If you choose the free grats and decide on board it was not the optimal decision, you can always choose to buy the drinks pkg on board. The reverse is not true.

Anyway, that is my logic for it!

Thank You cpl100, I thought I was going crazy:p I normally drink the water that the cabin steward gives us twice daily:rolleyes: and maybe a can of soda, orange juice, or smoothie here and there but definitely not that much to cover $300 OBC or $230 in gratuities. I just read many non-drinkers still taking the beverage package that I thought I was missing something:p, but yeah I was going to use my OBC for drinks if need be but I was able to get all three yesterday so now it's a moot point;)

I have called the US office today, but they transferred me back to the German office and told me they cannot look into my reservation. So unfortunately no support from their side. For us it is even our honeymoon and we really wanted to make it perfect and special. But as said we won´t feel comfortable and really welcomed on board.

Please let us know if you get any further information when you call the US office.

Update: My TA is on the phone with Celebrity and they are saying I won't get all 3:( Just the 2 that I initially received. Wish there was some consistency to what they do....

They are saying it is because of the rate I paid for the cruise but wouldn't that mean I would not qualify for any of it at all? Host Andy, do you have any thoughts on this?

Sorry Wednesday,:( don't give up there must be a loophole somewhere. Maybe your TA can talk to several representatives after all your point is valid about you qualifying to begin with.

Hello...been wanting to try Celebrity for quite some time now and the current 1-2-3 Promo as well as the 50% reduced deposits is pretty motivating. Few questions....

• Will Celebrity book a "TBD" passnger to be named later? Say, I put a deposit down now for me and TBD and give them the passengers name before final payment? Not sure who is going with me as of yet.

On a 12 night it is $250.00 and you can name a TBD. No cancelation in the US if before final payment.

Hi Everyone,

Here's the response to the latest set of questions regarding the Europe Triple Play 123 GO Offer. I hope it works out well for our members who can take advantage of the upgraded Europe offer.

Wishing you all the best !

===================================================

The Captain's Club 123Go! Triple Play Europe promotion is for new bookings, sailing June 1st through August 31st, in ocean view or higher stateroom categories. Members who booked these Europe sailings with the 123Go! promotion between Jan 7th and the beginning of the Captain's Club offer (Jan. 23rd) and wish to take advantage of the Captain's Club Triple Play offer, must contact Celebrity Cruises to have the adjustment made. At that time the booking would be updated to prevailing rates and the Triple Play offer would replace any other offers previously applied to the existing booking.

As Elite I do like this TRIPLE PLAY offer. But where can I find this offer so I can Show it my TA?

As Elite I do like this TRIPLE PLAY offer. But where can I find this offer so I can Show it my TA?

Hi Richard,

I do not believe it's on Celebrity's website yet, but your TA has an online system where they can view all available Celebrity promotions. They know where to look for it.

I hope this helps !

Hi DebnGab,

As Jade13 answered your questions, I wanted to add information on deposits, as follows :

1-5 nights $ 100.00 per person

6-8 nights $ 250.00 pp

9+ nights $ 450.00 pp

However, as Celebrity is currently offering reduced deposits on most sailings, deduct the above amounts in 1/2.

Just hung up with Celebrity customer service.

Spoke to Adam who confirmed (via his supervisor)

that the promo has been extended until 02/18/13.

Jack

I mentioned a couple of pages earlier that I had received confirmation form Celebrity that this deal was extended. I went back to take a screen shot for you, and realized that the email came from my travel agents website. Since I cannot link to them on CC, I have copied and pasted below:

CELEBRITY 1, 2, 3 GO - EXTENDED!

Simply book your next Celebrity Cruise vacation, Ocean View stateroom or higher, now through February 18th and choose one of three offers. With as many as 450 cruises sailing from February 2013 to April 2014, you are sure to find the perfect vacation and the perfect offer to go with it. Reserve a Mediterranean/Europe vacation, and you may choose two of the three offers. Captain Circle Members reserving Europe for sailings June through August may take advantage of all 3 offers, starting today!

Offer Choices: 1) Free Beverage Package. Classic package, including alcoholic beverages, valued at $88 per day. 2) Free Gratuities, valued at $30 per day. 3) Receive Onboard Credits up to $100 for 3 to 5-night sailings, up to $200 for 6 to 9-night sailings, up to $300 for 10+ night sailings.

On a 12 night it is $250.00 and you can name a TBD. No cancelation in the US if before final payment.

Hi DebnGab,

As Jade13 answered your questions, I wanted to add information on deposits, as follows :

6-8 nights $ 250.00 pp

9+ nights $ 450.00 pp

However, as Celebrity is currently offering reduced deposits on most sailings, deduct the above amounts in 1/2.

Fantastic...thanks H. Andy and Jade!

Sorry Wednesday,:( don't give up there must be a loophole somewhere. Maybe your TA can talk to several representatives after all your point is valid about you qualifying to begin with.

Thanks Zales!:)

She said that all I can do is complain to the email that they gave her. What Celebrity told Host Andy seems to confirm what my TA was told, that I would have to allow them to change my reservation to the current fare (which is $900.00 higher than what I am paying) and that would defeat the purpose. I should feel lucky because at least I was able to get the package where it seems folks overseas are having a hard time.

Thank You cpl100, I thought I was going crazy:p I normally drink the water that the cabin steward gives us twice daily:rolleyes: and maybe a can of soda, orange juice, or smoothie here and there but definitely not that much to cover $300 OBC or $230 in gratuities. I just read many non-drinkers still taking the beverage package that I thought I was missing something:p, but yeah I was going to use my OBC for drinks if need be but I was able to get all three yesterday so now it's a moot point;)

We don't drink and we really got our money's worth out of the drink packages that we bought last cruise. We lived at Cafe al Bacio while on the ship, it was a great place to sit and have tea or coffee and maybe a snack. Try their iced tea it comes in a really cool pot and you can get any of the flavors (I happen to love Oolong tea so that's what I always ordered.) We also grabbed coffee and bottled water before heading out for tours. I LOVED the virgin frozen drinks and tried all kinds. We had fresh squeezed juices for breakfast and specialty coffee, soda and bottled water in the MDR. I also picked up bottled water for the cabin. It all adds up and it was enjoyable being able to have those nice extras that were already paid for, it is probably my fav thing about Celebrity besides the smoking policy.

Hi DebnGab,

6-8 nights $ 250.00 pp

9+ nights $ 450.00 pp

Hi Andy,

Thank you for correcting me. My TA did say this morning that it would be $225.00 deposit per person for a 12 night cruise at the 50% off (for some reason Celebrity direct told me $250.00), but we decided to use our Open Passage as I don't want to get stuck with it and they are becoming harder to use. Although Celebrity direct said the Open Passage could not be combined with the 123 Go promo, the outside agents are having no problem using them (without the onboard credit).

We also decided to name both people for the additional $100.00 (Open Passage) because I don't trust that Celebrity will honor the second passenger at the same rate (right now they do but they change their policies on a daily basis). As I am sure you must recall, our last Azamara cruise had me and DH at differant rates, yes in the same cabin.

Edited by Jade13

We were a bit surprised when we booked an Asia cruise onboard Reflection that we didn't qualify for the 2 of 3 deal, but then that *did* make sense, based on the clearly stated rules. :) All in all, a great deal (we chose the drinks package) for a 14-day cruise!

We don't drink and we really got our money's worth out of the drink packages that we bought last cruise. We lived at Cafe al Bacio while on the ship, it was a great place to sit and have tea or coffee and maybe a snack. Try their iced tea it comes in a really cool pot and you can get any of the flavors (I happen to love Oolong tea so that's what I always ordered.) We also grabbed coffee and bottled water before heading out for tours. I LOVED the virgin frozen drinks and tried all kinds. We had fresh squeezed juices for breakfast and specialty coffee, soda and bottled water in the MDR. I also picked up bottled water for the cabin. It all adds up and it was enjoyable being able to have those nice extras that were already paid for, it is probably my fav thing about Celebrity besides the smoking policy.

Thanx Wednesday, you paint a very nice picture. I guess I will be doing a lot of taste testing:D

it's a Celebration of my Dad's life, and I so want everything to go well. 2 Days before Dad passed away, he expressed a desire to take our family on a Cruise - his treat. So, I'm honoring his wish (and paying for it)... and with great pride. We have 8 family members joining us to share our everlasting love for Dad. If I ever needed a great Celebrity experience - this is the one. Let's hope it all works out as planned.

I will try to keep an eye on this thread while onboard Constellation, and will post if time permits. Thanks again to everyone for your kind wishes.

This post brought chills to me. I lost my father a year ago last October. In his final days - while in the hospital - he was in and out of it. Most of the time, he thought he was on a cruiseship.:D We would ask him where he was and he would answer with the name of one of the ports we had visited together on our many cruises. We, of course, went along with him. What better place to be in your final days than on a ship! :)

I have pasted a note that my father sent by email about a year before he passed away. :(

"To answer your question. Yes, I think that this is the same cruise. However, I am just speculating, and wondered about your thoughts.

We are getting a lot of brochures from HAL and other cruise lines every week, and there are a lot of interesting places to cruise.

In so far as I'm concerned, at my age I don't know from month to month if I could take a cruise, but I can dream.

We had so much fun on our other European cruises that I would like to go again with all of you, if I'm able. Who knows.

Love,

Daddy"

Well, after that email, I made sure my father went on one last cruise. It wasn't the one he dreamed of, but we were able to take one out of a nearby port where there was no airfare involved. I will always cherish that cruise, and all the others we had together. He was 85.

Have a great cruise Andy! Please report back on what you think of the Connie, AFTER you return. Do not use your relaxing time to report into CC.

Edited by Iamthesea

I'm feeling exactly the same.

We are booked on Summit for a B2B in a couple of months and looking at our roll call it appears that we will be amongst the few in our group who will be charged for our drinks, whilst everyone else will be enjoying their cocktails with compliments of Celebrity.

This treatment certainly does NOT make me feel like a valued guest and I think Celebrity will realise that offering preferential treatment to some of their loyal customers whilst denying it to others is not good business.

Royal Princess is now looking like a strong possibility for our next cruise.

Add another (or 8) very unhappy cruisers to the list.

I have been raving to my friends how much they will enjoy celebrity, but now I am not looking forward to being onboard with others who have the free drinks package that we will have to pay for.

After the way we've been treated, I won't be booking another celebrity cruise.

It's not only myself, but I have previously recommended celebrity to a number of friends - you can bet I won't be recommending them again, and I'll be letting everyone I know how they have been operating.

We are trying to decide on which promotion to take advantage of with Celebrity and because we are travelling with our three boys and daughter in laws we are strongly leaning to the beverage package BUT we seem to get different information depending on who our TA speaks with at Celebrity.

What I would like to know is: On the classic beverage package if you order a drink over the $8.00 do you pay the extra cost or do they charge you the full price for the drink?

On the FAQ at the start of this thread they are saying that whether you have the Classic or the Premium you will only play the difference. This is NOT what my TA was told at Celebrity.

Thanks for any help.

The information I recieved about the drink package yesterday is if you drink top of the line liquor it will not be covered under the basic beverage package, only drinks up to 8.00, that would consist of well drinks. If you want the good stuff it will cost you 10.00 a day more for the premium package.