Back to Back Cruises

cruisefan2012

Has anybody ever done a "back to back" cruise?

Can you please tell me of your experiences please?

Did you have to get off after the first cruise to go through check in again OR did you stay onboard? If so what did you do in that time?

Also have been unable to keep the same cabin for both cruises - Will the stewards take my case to the next cabin or will I have to do that myself ?

Would like to know of peoples experience - Just booked myself on A324N and A325N on Azura in October this year

Hi we did a 2 night followed by an 18 night, different cabins. Anything on the clothes rail was transported by the room steward. Anything else we put in cases and wheeled around. I have read somewhere that sometimes the steward might just take your drawers as are round to the next cabin ,and bring the empty drawers round to the old cabin. guess they didn't with us as it was a 2 night etc. We stayed on board , just went down at some stage to collect a new cruise card from reception. They will also take the bill for the first cruise at that time, and set up a new one,with the new card, for the new cabin. Wandered round a little bit, but when they were ready for us to move into new cabin, unpacked cases etc. You will not have to go to the lifeboat drill for the 2nd cruise.

That must be it then. If you had a different muster station it would be different.

I would advise you to check your lifejacket in your new cabin though, I did once have one that was faulty and had to be replaced!

Carol x

Ladies - Thank you for your replies

Regarding moving cabins - I`m going from an F deck cabin to R deck cabin on Azura

Thank you

In which case yes you would have to go to the 2nd muster so you knew where it was. If i was moving that distance, on the morning I would pack my cases with anything not on rails, and wheel them up to the new cabin. Your old cabin steward will let you know timings about the move.

What surprised me was how soon after everyone had got off the new people started getting on.

have a wonderful time....when you have the ship nearly to yourself it is a bit special.

ofcourse if you wanted to get off , i think from what other have said you catch the crew bus into the centre...

We did a back to back a few years ago but were lucky enough to keep the same cabin. On change over day we felt like a spare part as people were all sat around waiting to get off so decided to get off we were given a pass, we took a taxi into Southampton for a few hours, on return we were ushered through the crew security to get back onboard. Our friends stayed onboard and were served with a very nice lunch in one of the main dining rooms. We had to go to reception on the last day of the first cruise and were given new room cards etc.

Archived