Lovely day with Capt Bryan's 3 hour tour!

kjunea

My husband (46) and I (44) were on the May 22 sailing of the Carnival Miracle. We booked with Capt. Bryan for the 3 hour trip to Stingray city, and two snorkeling stops. We had no problem tendering into Georgetown. We got into town at about 8:30 local time (9:30 ships time). Most of the shops were open or were opening. We walked down to the Hard Rock, bought a t-shirt and some pins (I collect the pins), and then started casually walking towards the English Bakery. Along the way, we window shopped, noting that the prices were not that great for anything. Behind the English Bakery is the meeting area for Capt. Bryan's. We were a little early, since we had to meet at 10:00 local time, so we went into the Bakery and had a bite to eat and drink before beginning.

At 10:00, our group had assembled. There were about 24 of us, and we stopped and picked up 3 more at a hotel along the way. We then went to the catamaran. There were plenty of seats for everyone, although not much shade, if that is important to you. After 20 minutes of motoring out, we got to our first snorkeling spot. You could see stingray city from this spot and there were MOBS of people there from very large boats. We snorkeled a reef about 30 minutes, then moved over to Stingray city, which was much less crowded now. We spent 20-30 minutes there, then moved to the final snorkeling spot. Again, we spent 30 or so minutes snorkeling there. Since there was no wind that day, we couldn't sail back, so we motored again.

They had free water on board, and an cash bar. I bought my husband a can of beer for $4.00. I don't know how much anything else was.

The crew was very nice and helpful, making sure that everyone that wanted to hold a stingray could. There was also a videographer on board, very nice, no pressure, who took lots of film and offered to sell us a copy for $55/$65 for VHS/DVD. We passed on that one, but she gave us a card in case we changed our mind.

We returned back to the tender area with 40 minutes to spare before the last tender. No problems/no lines getting back on ship. Everything was smooth as silk!

If you want to shop, just do it before you go if you do the 3 hour tour. The captain of our boat (Damion?) said that every tuesday they have people from the Miracle worrying about missing the ship. He says they never have! We had a great time! I highly recommend them to anyone!

June

Our last tender was at 3:15 ship time, 2:15 local time. We had time to spare, but not much shopping time, so do shopping ahead. I love the Catamaran. Much more stable than other kinds of boats.

HTH

June

Archived