How many in shorts the first night in dining room?

discraz

I was wondering if many people end up wearing shorts to the dining room the first night. We are planning on wearing our nicest shorts to board the ship. If your luggage doesn't arrive in time to dress for dinner, will the shorts be ok?

If your luggage doesn't arrive in time to dress for dinner, will the shorts be ok?

Yes.

Although *typically* very few passengers come to the dining room in shorts that evening despite the relaced dress code. Most everyone's luggage will have been delivered well in advance of dinner, especially if you have a later seating.

I have early dining. I would guess about 40% are wearing shorts.:confused: I always wear a capri set when boarding, so I'm dressed ok for dinner....but always see lots of shorts that first night.

I saw a few people wearing shorts, including at my table! There was one couple who wore shorts to our late seating dinner because they still had not received their luggage -- they got it about 11:00 PM from what they said.

June

Our luggage was rather late - but we plan for such a thing by bringing the clothes we need the first day/night in our carry-on. Bathing suits and clothes for the dining room - no big deal.

Our luggage was rather late - but we plan for such a thing by bringing the clothes we need the first day/night in our carry-on. Bathing suits and clothes for the dining room - no big deal.

We do the same. I also throw in several undies, just in case.

Wow, this is going to be much more fun than I ever imagined. Eating dinner in my underwear, surrounded by strangers. Except for the strangers part, it'll feel just like home!:D

LOL...

I can see it now: Minnesota man in skivvies mistaken for a Manatee, thrown overboard by distraught diners.

Sorry, I digress. I need to learn to stay on task on Fridays. So, what was the topic again?

Oh lord... getting picked on again... one bad post.. and it all goes to hell. ;)

I can see it now: Minnesota man in skivvies mistaken for a Manatee, thrown overboard by distraught diners.

Sorry, I digress. I need to learn to stay on task on Fridays. So, what was the topic again?

When shorts are suggested wear, are cutoffs good enough? :D

Didn't get our luggage until late and we had the 5:45pm seating last month on the Glory... so I went to Dinner in my Jean Shorts and Old Navy Tank top and sandals... I know.. I know... not dress code but hey one bag did arrive but it had my formal dress, and Fiance's dress shirts, I'm sure we would have looked cute in jean shorts and shirt/tie for him and me in a formal dress w/ sandals... so I stuck with the short/tshirts. =o)

Archived