Enchatment of the Seas-Dominican Rebublic

buckeyegirl46

We are taking Enchantment of the Seas out of Baltimore on Feb 16. I have read that the Dominican Republic is dangerous. Does anyone have an opinion on this and if safe what is a good tour take?:)

Hey, welcome to CC... And we are on the same cruise... Head to our Roll-Call and jump in.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1573853

As for the DR, I haven't been there but am doing a ZipLine Tour via Tours With Terry.

The Dominican Republic is not dangerous - millions of people visit every year without incident. The people here are warm and friendly - yes there are bad one and places where I wouldn't walk alone at night but you won't be visiting those areas on your cruise. Just keep your street smarts about you as you would back at home. Relax and enjoy Dominican hospitality!

The cruise companies will offer tours on their website. There are also many reputable tour companies who are not listed on the cruise companies sites (not every company can give the cruise companies the huge commissions they demand). Do some research to find the reputable ones - take a look at Trip Advisor forums and reviews for excursions in La Romana, Bayahibe and Samana.

Have fun!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to line up 3-6 more people for an excursion to Playa Rincon through Casa Dorado. We already have a group of 4 going. They get good reviews on Trip Advisor. The more people that sign up, the cheaper the trip. The round trip taxi ride for 10 people is around $100.00 and the trip to Playa Rincon by boat is $200.00 for 10 people. Playa Rincon is supposed to be beautiful and lunch is available for an extra cost. Go to their website (CasadoradoDR.com) and look under ocean excursions for more information. Anyone sailing on the Enchantment interested?

I'm trying to line up 3-6 more people for an excursion to Playa Rincon through Casa Dorado. We already have a group of 4 going. They get good reviews on Trip Advisor. The more people that sign up, the cheaper the trip. The round trip taxi ride for 10 people is around $100.00 and the trip to Playa Rincon by boat is $200.00 for 10 people. Playa Rincon is supposed to be beautiful and lunch is available for an extra cost. Go to their website (CasadoradoDR.com) and look under ocean excursions for more information. Anyone sailing on the Enchantment interested?

I may have 9-13 interested, we had planned to go to a local beach club but Playa Rincon looks much nicer. What is the limit on passengers?

I checked with Catherine at Casa Dorado. 2 boats would be available, We would need to place a deposit before the cruise. Let me know if you are interested.

Checked with the group, we are going to stick with the beach club. Thanks.

Archived