Penthouse vs mini suite

Sweetpace

I'm a recent category SJ convert, I love those large suites on the Dawn class ships (Dawn and Star). For our upcoming Dawn cruise the price of SJ suite is currently just over $100pp more for 12 day repo cruise, which to me is a bargain. SJ has no balcony but floor to ceiling windows, magnificent views, lots of space and a great bathroom. Also the fresh air is just a short walk away on either sun deck (12) or deck higher (13).

What comes to perks, mini suites don't get any. Only difference between a mini suite and a balcony is that mini suites have tubs, bit more room and a dividing curtain between the bed and the sitting area.

Full suites (categories starting with a letter 'S') have butler (one for a group of suites, handles all things in the suite like room service, brining the snacks, refilling the espresso machine, etc) and concierge (one for the whole ship, handles things outside the suite like restaurant reservations, possible priority tendering, etc).

The best suite perk (for me) is the possibility to have breakfast (and lunches) in the Cagney's. It's just devine to get freshly cooked steak and eggs or eggs and bacon/sausages or waffles with fresh berries each morning just to name a few. I don't usually drink coffee but the ones that do, have raved about the french press that they bring to your table.

Too bad that I stll have over a year until I get to experience that again... :D :D

I agree, it's worth it big time. For DH, he loves having the espresso machine in the room. He just loves having his double espresso first thing in the morning!

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do heat up water for tea :)

Whenever possible go with the penthouse. The problem once you do it is very hard to go back. When forced to go back I don't even consider a mini suite. Give me an aft facing balcony on deck 10 and I can survive.

Pricing forces me to make that decision. The cheapest S class cabin on the Breakaway transatlantic is over $9000 solo :eek: I am happy in my $2500 aft balcony. I have a Garden Villa booked on the Dawn next year and it is only $3000 more for 7 passengers then the cheapest suite on the Breakaway. Get me within a couple $1000 dollars and I will always book a true suite.

I need to quit smoking so I can take advantage of the great SJ pricing on the Star and Dawn. My favorite remains the aft facing SFs on deck 10 on almost any ship.

I'm a recent category SJ convert, I love those large suites on the Dawn class ships (Dawn and Star). For our upcoming Dawn cruise the price of SJ suite is currently just over $100pp more for 12 day repo cruise, which to me is a bargain. SJ has no balcony but floor to ceiling windows, magnificent views, lots of space and a great bathroom. Also the fresh air is just a short walk away on either sun deck (12) or deck higher (13).

What comes to perks, mini suites don't get any. Only difference between a mini suite and a balcony is that mini suites have tubs, bit more room and a dividing curtain between the bed and the sitting area.

Full suites (categories starting with a letter 'S') have butler (one for a group of suites, handles all things in the suite like room service, brining the snacks, refilling the espresso machine, etc) and concierge (one for the whole ship, handles things outside the suite like restaurant reservations, possible priority tendering, etc).

The best suite perk (for me) is the possibility to have breakfast (and lunches) in the Cagney's. It's just devine to get freshly cooked steak and eggs or eggs and bacon/sausages or waffles with fresh berries each morning just to name a few. I don't usually drink coffee but the ones that do, have raved about the french press that they bring to your table.

Too bad that I stll have over a year until I get to experience that again... :D :D

I'm on the Dawn the week before you! Hubby and I are taking both our kids for the first time. We have always booked balcony rooms, but you can't on the Dawn. Had to go with a mini suite. I'm a little disappointed there won't be any suite perks. I would really like to change to a family suite with balcony, or 2 bedroom with balcony. My husband really likes a balcony so I think he would be disappointed without one. I'm trying to decide if I should wait and roll the dice for the upsell fairy, or just call and change now

I'm on the Dawn the week before you! Hubby and I are taking both our kids for the first time. We have always booked balcony rooms, but you can't on the Dawn. Had to go with a mini suite. I'm a little disappointed there won't be any suite perks. I would really like to change to a family suite with balcony, or 2 bedroom with balcony. My husband really likes a balcony so I think he would be disappointed without one. I'm trying to decide if I should wait and roll the dice for the upsell fairy, or just call and change now

If you want to move call now. You chances with the Upsell Fairy are perhaps 1 in 500. If you can swing the 2 bedroom go for it. In my opinion really the best for a family of 4. Everyone gets their privacy and having 2 bathrooms is great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Archived