Allergy/Soup Question

JafferKay

I was wondering if anyone knows what Carnival uses in their soup. I was told that it is fish based. If that is true, does anyone know what kind of fish? I have not cruised since 2006, but when I did, I had an allergic reaction to the soup (it was the only thing unfamiliar that I had that night, and I had the reaction before the dessert even showed up). I did not think to ask anyone on the ship at that time what was in the soup. I tried to find the answer to this question on the boards, but I could not find it. I also contacted carnival by email (two months have went by and still no answer), and by phone (no luck there either).

It depends on the soup.

Talk with the MDR host(ess) on the first day around 1pm. S/He will be able to answer your questions.

We sail with allergies and have never had a problem.

Carnival is wonderful handling special dietary needs. Make sure to go and see the maitre d around 1:30 boarding day and inform him that you can't eat _____

and after dinner on the first evening in the MDR, someone will come to your table to discuss and help you order for the next day/evening.

It depends on the soup.

Talk with the MDR host(ess) on the first day around 1pm. S/He will be able to answer your questions.

We sail with allergies and have never had a problem.

If think it was a pumpkin soup...and I am not allergic to pumpkin.

Thanks for the tip :)

Every soup is going to have a different makeup. I think somewhere on CC there is a recipe for the Pumpkin soup. Do you have a shell fish allergy? If you have a specific allergy you need to contact special needs to let them know and the MDR hostess will meet with you each evening to go over the next day menu.

Every soup is going to have a different makeup. I think somewhere on CC there is a recipe for the Pumpkin soup. Do you have a shell fish allergy? If you have a specific allergy you need to contact special needs to let them know and the MDR hostess will meet with you each evening to go over the next day menu.

We do this by asking head waiter to have hostess come over first night.

They used to be outstanding about this but on the last couple of cruises they were very sloppy in following directions after conversation with hostess.

For example we tell them DW cannot have parsley and food comes out dusted with it.

Last time complained several times and than the head waiter had the MD come over and after that was fine.

If think it was a pumpkin soup...and I am not allergic to pumpkin.

Thanks for the tip :)

I think somewhere on CC there is a recipe for the Pumpkin soup.

Unless the soup is a seafood type, the stock is either vegetable or chicken or beef.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=22697788&postcount=1

Here is the recipe from the Carnival website:

Secret recipe revealed — start cookin’!

· 1/2 cup half and half

· 1/2 cup heavy cream

· 4 cloves fresh garlic (peeled)

· 1/2 cup leeks (chopped)

· 1/2 cup onions (chopped)

· 1 cup pumpkin purée

· 3 tbsp. olive oil

· 1 quart chicken stock

· Salt and pepper to taste

Directions: Roast onions, leeks and garlic with olive oil in a pre-heated oven at 300° F for about 30 minutes; remove and purée. Bring the chicken stock, pumpkin purée and puréed vegetables to a boil. Simmer for 45 minutes. Add half and half and simmer for 30 more minutes; season with salt

and pepper. Finish with

heavy cream.

Yields 5 servings

or 1 quart.

Archived