Lahaina - Drop off rental car after hours ?

downundermatt

As an Aussie I hope this question isn't too simple.

Am tendering to Lahaina in April, and only have til Midnight to see a bit of Maui. It seems all the Rent A Car places close at 5pm, and quite likely I would like to keep the car til 7ish. Is it possible to drop the car back after hours presumably with key drop, and cab it back to the ship ??

As an Aussie I hope this question isn't too simple.

Am tendering to Lahaina in April, and only have til Midnight to see a bit of Maui. It seems all the Rent A Car places close at 5pm, and quite likely I would like to keep the car til 7ish. Is it possible to drop the car back after hours presumably with key drop, and cab it back to the ship ??

Depends where you are getting the rental from, but do agree that it is best to call the rental company direct to get answers

I do remember reading somewhere that there is no after hours drop off at the Lahaina airport, so you need to have your car back by 5 PM. I can't find my source right now, though. So, I would also advise that you call the rental company for a sure answer - then post the information here so we will all know!

We will be in port for two full days (Lahaina) so I hope to be able to keep the car overnight, if we end up doing a rental. I am concerned about a tender port, though and not being to be able to tender back into town on day 2 and what to do with the car in that case. That is a question I will have to ask the car rental company myself when we are a bit closer to the cruise & it is time to rent.

• 2 weeks later...
Hertz has a rental office in Lahaina that is about a 15 minute walk from the pier. We were able to drop the car off after closing and put the keys into a lock box on the office door.

Hertz is the only major with an office in Lahiana -- the others have Lahaina addresses, but they outside of town.

Archived