fort Lauderdale Parking

richardj450

My question is toward distance/convenience for walking. My wife is mobility challenged. She can walk, but not a long way. Price isn't an object. We do have a handicapped license plate.

What would involve the SHORTEST walking distance for her? The Port Everglades parking, using a remote parking lot and their transportation to the docks or staying at a hotel (we weren't planning on it, but could) and using their shuttle?

My wife and I will be driving to Fort Lauderdale for a Feb 17 departure on Celebrity Silhouette. Any advice or information regarding the parking logistics and related costs would be appreciated.

If you're arriving in Ft. Lauderdale the day before the cruise, there are several hotels that offer free parking, breakfast and transport to the pier included with the cost of a night's stay. We've stayed at the Fairfield Inn on Griffin Road several times (and will be staying there again in March). I believe that Hyatt Place on 17th Street also offers the same kind of deal. Check the Fort Lauderdale port board for more info.

My question is toward distance/convenience for walking. My wife is mobility challenged. She can walk, but not a long way. Price isn't an object. We do have a handicapped license plate.

What would involve the SHORTEST walking distance for her? The Port Everglades parking, using a remote parking lot and their transportation to the docks or staying at a hotel (we weren't planning on it, but could) and using their shuttle?

The shuttle bus stop is before the parking lots or parking garages at the port. But, if you parked at the port you could always go and get the car while she stayed with your luggage and waited for you to come around. I can say though with Park N Go they drop you off right at your car when you return and will help get your luggage on and off.

Archived