Playa Maya Cozumel?????

hotrodchick7887

My past two cruises with Carnival I have booked excursions. This time I am planning on kind of just winging it in Cozumel and doing my own thing so that we aren't on any type of time schedule. I did some research on different things to do in Cozumel and found that Playa Maya seems like it could be a fun place to go and hang out before doing some shopping.

Has anyone ever gone to Playa Maya and how was your experience there?

Has anyone that has gone to Playa Maya not booked through Carnival and gone on your own?

Also, if anyone has suggestions of other things to do while in Cozumel I would greatly appreciate the tips! I would like to go snorkeling at some point (I bought my bf a new GoPro camera for Christmas that we are dying to take in the water), shopping, and just exploring.

I emailed them directly, and they told me I had to book through the ship - I thought that was rather strange. The price through this ship is way too high.

Thanks for the info! I'm thinking I'm gonna try Paradise Beach instead. Its a LOT cheaper and I don't have to go thru the cruise line.

DH and I had such a great experience at Playa Mia doing the cooking and beach experience excursion that when I went on a girls trip we decided to take a taxi to Playa Mia. When we got there, They gave us a hard time about not doing an excursion through the ship but they let us in. They charged us each about $55 a piece. Included drinks, food, chair and water. Snorkel gear charge was about $15.

Archived